Munarra Youth Futures Activities Officer, Indigenous Applicants only
- Join Australia's number 1 University †
- Career opportunities, professional development, work-life balance.
- Use your expertise and innovative thinking to truly have an impact.
Who says you can't change the world? We expect to do nothing less.
Academic Services - The Academy of Sport, Health and Education, University Services
Only Indigenous Australians are eligible to apply as this position is exempt under the Special Measure Provision, Section 12 (1) of the Equal Opportunity Act 2011 (Vic).
Salary: $55,113 - $60,852 p.a. plus 9.5% superannuation (pro rata; this is a part-time position)
About University Services
University Services comprises of 1,600 professional staff focused on providing client centric and innovative services to the University. The group is providing transformational change, defining and influencing future service enhancements within the University of Melbourne.
About the role
The Academy of Sport, Health and Education (ASHE) is an initiative to improve the education, health and employment outcomes for Indigenous people. The Activities Officer will play a role in our Independant Living Program - Munarra Youth Futures for ASHE students. Supporting the students whom live in the Accommodation program after hours and some weekends in sport, arts, hobbies, life skills, employment, facilitation of day to day needs and student recruitment and wellbeing. A key aspect of the role is ensuring the continued development of ASHE as a rigorous but highly supportive learning hub for indigenous young people.The Activities Officer will report to the Academy of Sport Health and Education (ASHE) Manager and/or Co-ordinator and will be based in Shepparton.
The appointee will have:
- a relevant Certificate IV qualification with substantial related experience or an equivalent combination of experience and training
- awareness of, and interest in the work of the Academy of Sport Health and Education
- flexibility and energy to participate in a range of ASHE extracurricular activities including overnight camps
- proven ability to thrive in a changing and fast paced environment.
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
† The University of Melbourne is the Number 1 University in Australia and among the leading Universities in the world, according to The Times Higher Education world reputational ranking, the National Taiwan University ranking, The Times Higher Education world university ranking and Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities.
Close date: 29 Apr 2018
Position Description & Selection Criteria
*For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria/competencies, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/search/info/selection-criteria