Lecturer in Marketing
School of Marketing UNSW Business School
- One of the Asia-Pacific’s leading research intensive Universities
- Strong regional and global engagement
- Cutting edge facilities and equipment
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
UNSW Business School is a leader in business education and research in the Asian region and one of the largest Business Schools in Australia with more than 15,000 students, 500 academic and professional staff and more than 80,000 alumni and partners. The Business School offers a full suite of business degree programs at undergraduate, postgraduate, coursework and research levels, including the AGSM MBA programs and a range of Executive Programs. Its direction is guided by a business advisory council of leading CEOs, chairpersons and other business leaders.
We are seeking to strengthen our outstanding marketing expertise within the Faculty by appointing one or more additional lecturers (Australian equivalent to assistant professor) in the School of Marketing.
About the role
- $103,047-$121,478 (Lecturer – Level B); plus 17% superannuation and leave loading
- An attractive loading is available to suitably qualified candidates
- Five-year convertible tenure track appointment
- Full-time (35 hours per week)
You will contribute to the School’s academic reputation by undertaking high quality research, teaching and PhD supervision, and other associated activities that further enhance our global reputation.
To be successful in this role you will possess:
- a PhD in marketing;
- a record of or strong potential for research and publication in top-tier refereed journals;
- a record of or strong potential for excellent achievement in teaching; and
- a record of or strong potential for successful interaction with industry groups and professional associations.
We are particularly interested in appointing marketing scholars with very strong research skills and the proven ability to conduct research in areas such as:
Marketing strategy and/or marketing operations management with managerial application interests in such areas as product and service innovation, brand management, distribution, and/or international and cross-cultural marketing with very strong skills in theory construction and quantitative research methods.
Marketing science and/or marketing analytics with application interests in such areas as customer and competitive response modelling, advertising and sales promotion, retailing, pricing, and/or marketing and public policy.
You should systematically address the selection criteria in your application.
You may be required to undergo pre-employment checks prior to appointment to this role.
Professor Jack Cadeaux, Head, School of Marketing
T: (61 2) 9385 3385
Applications close: 31st May 2018