Customer Service Officer
- Part time, fixed-term position (Two Positions Available)
- Normal working hours 11:30am - 3:06pm, Monday to Friday (0.5 FTE)
- $65,155 - $74,844 + super (pro-rata)
RMIT is a global university of technology, design and enterprise. Our mission is to help shape the world through research, innovation, teaching and engagement, and to create transformative experiences for our students, getting them ready for life and work.
The Education Portfolio is headed by the Deputy Vice-Chancellor Education and Vice President who leads the planning and implementation of the University's strategies related to RMIT's academic programs and the RMIT student experience. The Portfolio is responsible for services to support the quality of RMIT programs, including the professional development of academic staff, continuous improvement of the student experience, learning and teaching outcomes and the management of learning and research information sources.
The Role & Your Responsibilities
The role of Customer Service Officer is personified by the phrase "happy to help" and its primary responsibility is to provide the best possible support and advice to students. It plays a vital role enhancing the RMIT student experience.
The successful candidate must relish variety, be ready for challenges and demonstrate empathy and engagement.
Day-to- day you could be providing advice and guidance either face-to- face, online or over the phone. You will be helping students to explore and understand their options, guiding them through administrative processes to help resolve any issues or problems.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is passionate and motivated to deliver high quality customer service.
- Has a high level of emotional intelligence with proven ability to quickly build and maintain good working relationships.
- Learns quickly, with the ability to adapt to, and accurately use and apply, new systems and procedures.
- Displays resilience, working well under pressure, managing tasks and competing priorities in a busy environment.
- Shifts easily between different service channels and locations as demand requires.
Applications close on Sunday 29th April 2018.
To view a position description, please visit yourcareer.rmit.edu.au and search using job# 563875.
This role will require satisfactory confirmation of a Working with Children Check.
Applicants must address the key selection criteria as outlined in the Position Description.
RMIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to being a child safe organisation. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community.