Centre Manager, Australian Centre for Cyber Security
UNSW Canberra is a campus of the University of New South Wales located at the Australian Defence Force Academy in Canberra. UNSW Canberra endeavours to offer staff a rewarding experience and offers many opportunities and attractive benefits, including:
- One of Australia’s leading research and teaching universities
- Australian bush land setting with FREE parking
- FREE Onsite GYM and Indoor Sports Centre
- Strong commitment to staff development and learning
- Strong commitment to work life and family balance
- Generous superannuation and salary packaging opportunities
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work
The Australian Centre for Cyber Security (ACCS) is a unique, interdisciplinary cyber-security research and teaching Centre located at UNSW Canberra. It is a a focal point for the research of some 60 scholars from various faculties across UNSW who conduct research on different aspects of cyber security. The ACCS provides cutting-edge, long-term, international thought-leadership in cyber security through research, education and external engagement. The ACCS combines expertise from a range of relevant communities; political, cyber industry, defence, academic, individual and organisational users, and the media. The Centre builds on close working relationships with both domestic and international industry and government, including UNSW’s unique half-century relationship with Defence. The Centre works in conjunction with the School of Engineering and Information Technology to deliver a broad suite of education and training in cyber security.
About the Role:
- Level 9: $119,207-$126,491 (+17% super)
- Full Time (35 hours per week)
About the Successful Applicant:
The successful applicant will be responsible for managing both the operational aspects of the Centre as well as working with the Director and School of Engineering and Information Technology General Manager to facilitate the expansion of the Centre's activities to raise it's national profile. The Centre Manager will need to have the ability to develop and maintain relationships with government, industry and other cyber security stakeholders in order to sustain the ongoing growth of the Centre. The Manager will need to have a strong work ethic with the ability to be an innovative and smart problem solver with the capacity to think on their feet and respond quickly to changing circumstances.
FAMILY FRIENDLY WORK PRACTICES
UNSW Canberra has a number family friendly work practices in place to assist staff. These arrangements are designed to find the best possible match between the interests of the University and those of individual employees and can include:
- Permanent part time work
- Job sharing
- Recognition of carers' responsibilities and leave such as parental leave and carer's leave.
UNSW Canberra provides training and development opportunities for staff by:
- Supporting staff in planning and developing their careers
- Offering training courses (in training and facilitation skills, recruitment and selection and other areas)
- Addressing the development needs of managers and academic leaders, and
- Providing opportunities for staff to collaborate, network and learn from one another.
In your application you should systematically address the selection criteria outlined in the Position Description on the Jobs@UNSW Career Portal.
An applicant may be required to undergo pre-employment checks prior to appointment to this role.
To Apply: Please follow the link to the Jobs@UNSW Careers Portal. Filter jobs by Location - UNSW Canberra at ADFA. Please sign in or register as a new user to apply.
For further information about UNSW Canberra, please visit our website: UNSW Canberra
Ms Fiona Wright, SEIT General Manager
T: (02) 6268 8268
Applications Close: 3 May 2018