PhD Candidate Position at Center for Molecular Inflammation Research
A PhD candidate position is available in the lab of Dr. Kristian K. Starheim and Geir Bjørkøy at Center for Molecular Inflammation Research, CEMIR. The project is focused on targeting inflammatory cell death pathways in macrophage-driven morbidity. The work will be a combination of wet lab cell culture and in vivo mouse models.
The period of employment for the position as a PhD Research Fellow is 3 years. The position has the objective of qualifying for higher academic positions. Admission to a doctoral degree program is a requirement for employment as a PhD candidate. For regulations concerning the PhD-degree at NTNU, please see: http://www.ntnu.no/studieavd/dok/PhD_regulations.pdf
Requirements of the applicant:
- A master’s degree or an equivalent education within molecular medicine or a related field.
- A strong academic record with a weighted average grade of master’s or equivalent education with a grade of B or higher, in accordance with NTNU’s grading system.
- Proficiency in oral and written English.
Emphasis will also be placed on:
- Experience with cell culture work.
- Experience within the field of immunology and cancer biology.
- Norwegian certification for animal experiments
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to work in a team – including taking responsibility for supervision of students.
The candidate will enjoy access to the excellent infrastructure and laboratory facilities at CEMIR and at the affiliated Department of Clinical and Molecular Medicine. Moreover, CEMIR scientists have access to local core facilities in imaging, bioinformatics, genomics, and proteomics (http://www.ntnu.edu/dmf/core-facilities).
Importantly, this is a new research group, so you should be creative and willing to take an active role in the development of a research team.
Terms of employment:
The position offers a work with challenging and varied tasks in a versatile and pleasant environment that is characterized by active, committed and skilled employees.
A good work environment is characterized by diversity. We encourage qualified candidates to apply, regardless of their gender, functional capacity or cultural background. If necessary, we will adapt the workplace for people with disabilities. Women are especially encouraged to apply.
Depending on qualifications and academic background, PhD Candidates (in code 1017) at the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences will be remunerated at a minimum of NOK 436 900 per year before tax. Normal wage level is NOK 436 900 - 499 200 of which 2% is deducted for the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund.
The appointment will be made in accordance with current regulations and supplementary rules with guidelines for employment as PhD Candidate appointments at universities and university colleges.
How to apply:
Applicants are asked to apply via this page. The application should contain the following attachments:
- Applicants’ CV (including list of publications, relevant former positions and references) and copy of relevant transcripts and diplomas.
- Short statement on the applicant’s personal qualifications and motivation for the position.
- Short statement from a former supervisor/tutor/teacher.
- Contact information for two references.
Candidates from universities outside Norway are kindly requested to send a Diploma Supplement or a similar document, which describes in detail the study and grade system and the rights for further studies associated with the obtained degree: http://ec.europa.eu/education/tools/diploma-supplement_en.htm
Deadline for applications: 29.04.2018
Chosen applicants will be invited to undergo an interview.
For further information about the position, please contact Dr. Kristian K. Starheim at e-mail: email@example.com.
For information concerning the application process, please contact the HR Executive Officer Elisabeth Myrvang: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that under the Norwegian Civil Service Act, information about applicants may be made public even though the applicant has requested not to be included on the list of applicants.
ABOUT THIS JOB
- Deadline Sunday, April 29, 2018
- Employer NTNU - Norges teknisk-naturvitenskapelige universitet
- Municipality Trondheim
- Jobbnorge ID 150929
- Scope Fulltime
- Duration Temporary
- Applications on this job are registered in an electronic form on jobbnorge.no
- You must complete: Standard CV
- Please refer to where you first saw this job advertised!