Macquarie is the university of pioneering minds. Globally recognised as one of Australia's leading research universities, Macquarie is a place where extraordinary new possibilities come to light. We've helped people to hear, introduced wireless internet technology to the world and broken through traditional boundaries by appointing Australia's first female vice-chancellor.
At Macquarie you'll join a vibrant community of diverse perspectives, all working towards a brighter future for our communities and our planet. Surrounded by beautiful parkland campus, our students and staff are free to explore and discover, supported by facilities including a high-tech library, private teaching hospital, gym and pools, childcare facilities, a campus train station and the newly expanded Macquarie Centre shopping complex next door.
Macquarie University’s Centre for Economic Impacts of Genomic Medicine (GenIMPACT) is a strategic initiative to undertake innovative research on the impact of genomic testing and targeted therapy on patients and cascade testing on extended family members. Our vision is to provide research excellence with high policy relevance that reflects the experience of families who experience genetic disorders. Our work on genomics is built on our internationally recognised research program on the impacts of ill health on capacity to work and its cascading impacts on income, superannuation and savings for individuals, and for government increased welfare payments and reduced taxation revenue.
Join us and start seeing the world in a different light.
An exciting opportunity has become available for an experienced and self-driven Personal Assistant within the Centre for Economic Impacts of Genomic Medicine reporting to the Director. The successful applicant will responsible for:
- Providing secretarial and administrative support to the Director.
- Coordinating and maintaining the calendar and travel requirements.
- Being the first point of contact, respond to queries and draft routine correspondence for matters relating to the Director.
- Organising on and off-site meetings including bookings, catering, transport and travel as required.
- Preparing relevant documentation (presentations, reports, agendas, minutes) as required.
- Receiving, resolve, refer and/or escalate queries regarding the Centre and its activities.
- Building and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders of the Centre to support industry engagement.
To be considered for this position, applicants must demonstrate, in a separate document (maximum 2 pages), how they demonstrate the Selection Criteria below and upload this as separate document as part of the application process:
- Managing time and resources to complete tasks and achieve objectives.
- Ensuring accuracy and quality when completing tasks.
- Evaluating information and data to solve problems and make decisions.
- Navigating systems and structures to achieve objectives, including database/data management.
- Effectively grasping and conveying ideas and concepts to others.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, including using relevant software such as Microsoft Office.
- Making staff and key contacts and their needs a priority.
- Establishing effective working relationships with others.
Salary Package: from $70,699 p.a. (Level 5), plus 17% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading
Appointment Type: full-time (Continuing)
Specific Role Enquiries: For more information please contact Professor Deborah Schofield on firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Close: Friday 27 April 2018, 11:55pm
Macquarie University is an EO Employer committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with a disability; women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles); Indigenous Australians, people who identify as GLBTI; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Applications need to be submitted through the Macquarie University online recruitment system. Where circumstances such as disability or remote location prohibit your access to our online system please contact the enquiries person listed in this advertisement for assistance.