Senior Learning Advisor, Library
- Join a cross-campus Learning and Teaching Advantage Team
- Full-Time, Fixed term role until March 2019, based at the Melbourne or Bendigo campus
- $73,573 - $79,638 per annum plus up to 17% superannuation
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. La Trobe University turned 50 in 2017, and over the half century of its existence it has established a reputation as an innovative and accessible university, willing to take risks and take on challenges. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
About the role
This role will liaise with academic and research staff to build ongoing relationships to improve and develop library services. Work as part of a cross-campus Learning and Teaching Advantage Team in the Curricular Services Unit in the Learning and Teaching Portfolio. You will collaborate with College staff to promote, develop, deliver and evaluate library programs, resources and services embedded in the curriculum. Utilize yours skills to design and deliver information and digital literacy programs and services aligned with the Library's Learning and Teaching Partnership Framework. This position works with instructional design principles in the development of online learning objects, activities and assessment that can be embedded in the curriculum and reused across discipline areas in blended and online learning environments.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Develop, deliver and evaluate learning and teaching services and programs for designated disciplines within the objectives of Library Learning and Teaching Partnership Framework;
- Consult with and provide expert advice across a range of learning and teaching services and collection resources to academic learning and teaching staff in designated disciplines;
- Investigate and identify innovative and emerging technologies to inform the development of online learning objects and take responsibility for outcomes;
- Apply specialist knowledge to plan and develop online learning objects and identify and prepare web-based content for library online resources and tools.
To be successful in this role you will possess:
- Degree or postgraduate qualification in library or information science or a combination of knowledge, training and experience;
- Knowledge and experience developing curriculum-specific library programs;
- Understanding of learning and teaching principles and the role of the library in the processes and workflows;
- The ability to build relationships with academic staff and researchers;
- Strong interpersonal, organisational and communication skills;
- The ability to innovate and take responsibility for the outcomes.
How to Apply
Closing date: Thursday 26th April, 11.55pm
- Bernadette Gargan, Coordinator, Learning and Teaching Advantage (Arts, Social Science & Commerce), Library.
+613 9479 1915 email@example.com
- Caroline Ondracek, Senior Coordinator, Learning and Teaching Advantage, Library.
+613 9479 5435 firstname.lastname@example.org
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
Please address Key Selection Criteria and attach these with your application.
This position is open to people with a valid full-time working visa.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further enquiries on how to apply for this role, please contact HR Assist on +61 3 9479 1234.
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the SAGE Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.