Administration Officer, Estate Management
1 day left
- Full Time
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
Estate Management (EM) provides a range of services and advice to all Faculties and Divisions on all campuses (excluding Canberra). It does this by providing campus planning, infrastructure planning, development, construction, refurbishment, maintenance and environmental management. EM also provides a wide range of logistic and associated services to ensure a safe and secure campus environment.
About the role
- $83,653K-$89,238K plus 17% superannuation and leave loading
- Full-time (35 hours per week)
The role sits within Corporate Services as part of Strategy & Business Systems which provides an EM-wide approach to strategic and operational planning, resourcing and management. Corporate Services provides a wide range of general and specific administrative services to support the business of EM. The Administration Officer provides a high level of administrative support and expertise to all EM staff including senior managers and unit managers. They are part of a team of administrative officers responsible for a range of complex administrative duties as well as specific projects as required by their assigned area of the business.
They also provide support to the Corporate Services Officers and the Manager, Corporate Services and expert advice to EM staff with a high level of confidentiality and professionalism. The role requires the development of strong relationships with EM Senior Leaderships team, senior managers, key members of EM service delivery teams and other members of the Corporate Services team.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and/or equivalent level of knowledge gained through a combination of education, training and/or experience. Experience in the tertiary education or construction sector in a similar role would be an advantage.
- Outstanding interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, with proven ability to establish effective working relationships.
- Demonstrated exceptional customer service skills at (all levels including) senior management level.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise initiative and recommend improvements to systems and processes and capacity and willingness to develop knowledge and understanding of advanced administrative issues. Experience in project management as a team member would be an advantage.
- Demonstrated advanced skills in the use of word processing, spreadsheets, databases, e-mail and internet supported by Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and efficiently as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to work to multiple, tight and conflicting deadlines and to prioritise accordingly.
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Krista Hillyer, Corporate Service Manager
Applications close: COB, Tuesday, 24 April 2018