HR Business Partner
HR Business Partner
Organisation Cranfield University
School/Department Human Resources & Development
Based at Shrivenham, Oxfordshire - Cranfield Defence and Security
Hours of work 37 hours per week, normally worked Monday to Friday
Contract type Fixed term contract
Fixed Term Period Fixed term for 2 years
Salary £32,094 to £35,773 per annum (with additional performance related pay up to £44,716 per annum)
Apply by 22/04/2018
XCranfield Defence and Security provides unique educational opportunities to the defence and security sectors of both public and private sector organisations. The HR function is influential within the University, with the Director of HR&OD now part of the University Executive, and plays a key role in leading & driving culture change across the University. We have a very well-regarded embedded business partner structure supported by HR leads, functional specialists and a well-established HR Service Centre.
The post holder will be required to deliver a professional, and business-focussed HR operational service to CDS that meets customer needs and corporate objectives and will contribute to wider University HR&OD initiatives, including input to policy and procedures, and delivery of key projects as required.
Main responsibilities include:
- To provide professional advice to line managers and staff on the full range of HR policies, procedures, and systems, ensuring the University operates within the required legal parameters. To act as coach to line managers to further develop management and leadership skills across the University.
- To support line managers in the management of grievances and disciplinary cases. To be accountable and responsible for carrying out investigations, produce investigation reports and prepare all process documentation, presenting cases, acting as note-taker, or being a panel member as required.
- To work with line managers in developing targeted recruitment campaigns and being responsible for any grading assessment. Where required, to assist with shortlisting and selection interviewing.
- To ensure that the probation procedures are carried out correctly by line managers, responding proactively when concerns are apparent.
- To manage ill-health related conduct and capability cases in line with the University’s policy and procedure, Ordinances and the Disability Discrimination aspects of the Equality Act, liaising with Occupational Health, the line manager and Pensions Manager as appropriate.
The post holder will be Chartered Institute of Personnel & Development qualified and educated to first degree level or equivalent. Significant, proven experience of operating in a client-facing, HR generalist role where advice and guidance is provided on a wide range of HR issues is essential. Other essential requirements include:
- Experience of carrying out investigations and handling formal meetings including: disciplinary and grievance hearings; sickness absence and performance review meetings; fixed term contract consultation meetings.
- Experience of devising and managing recruitment campaigns and conducting interviews
- Experience of job evaluation.
- Good working knowledge of current employment law and HR best practice
- High levels of accuracy and attention to detail.
Experience of Psychometric Testing at Level A and B and experience of working in a Higher Education or a professional services environment is desirable.