Centre Coordinator, Centre for Positive Psychology
Melbourne Graduate School of Education
Salary: $79,910 - $86,499 per annum plus 17% superannuation
- Join Australia's number 1 University †
- Career opportunities, professional development, work-life balance.
- Use your expertise and innovative thinking to have an impact.
Who says you can't change the world? We expect to do nothing less.
The vision and purpose at the Centre for Positive Psychology (CPP) is to advance the science and practice of wellbeing for young people, teachers and other staff in key learning environments through the application of Positive Psychology. The Centre for Positive Psychology is seeking to employ a highly motivated Centre Coordinator, who will be responsible for providing operational support to the Director, Centre Manager and the staff of the Centre.
As the successful candidate, you will take a leading role in the day-to-day operational, finance and administrative functions of the Centre. This will include contributing to planning, budgeting, compliance, marketing, and reporting in support of the Centre’s research and teaching programs, projects and activities.
Success in the Centre Coordinator position will require the successful candidate to:
- A high-level of interpersonal skills and strategies for dealing with a diverse range of stakeholders with different needs in a dynamic and complex environment related to the Directors and other senior University officers.
- Have the ability to work collaboratively, positively and flexibly both in a team and independently, managing a wide variety of administrative tasks and adapting to change priorities
- Proven ability to thrive in a changing and fast paced environment
- A good working knowledge of the University, its policies, key portfolios and key stakeholders, both within and outside the University.
If you can demonstrate your expertise in these areas, you are encouraged to apply for the position and join a team of highly talented and motivated staff.
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
The University of Melbourne is the Number 1 University in Australia and among the leading Universities in the world, according to The Times Higher Education world reputational ranking, the National Taiwan University ranking, The Times Higher Education world university ranking and Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities.
Close date: 28 April 2018
Position Description and Selection Criteria
For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria, please go to https://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/selection-criteria