Postdoctoral Research Associate in Chemistry
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The School of Chemical Engineering at UNSW Sydney is well known in the industry as a top provider of quality education and cutting-edge research. The School attracts excellent students who have an outstanding record in international competitions. At the postgraduate level, there is a large PhD research program and coursework programs at the Master’s and Graduate Diploma in Chemical Engineering and Food Science Technology. This position is in the Particle and Catalysis Research Group (PARTCAT), a research group within the School of Chemical Engineering. The research group has well-equipped, state of the art research facilities for material synthesis, functionalisation and characterisation and are located in the Tyree Energy Technology Building, the 6 star energy efficient building which is house to all the energy research at UNSW.
About the role
- AUD $73K-$98K plus 9.5% Superannuation and annual leave loading
- Fixed Term for 6 months
The Postdoctoral Research Associate is expected to take on research and development in the area of solar fuels, specifically to address the instability of photocatalyst to produce solar fuels. This project requires the development of highly stable, efficient and robust photocatalytic inorganic-organic hybrid composites to be used for producing solar fuels from water. The Postdoctoral Research Associate is, therefore, envisaged to undertake research in developing highly efficient catalyst materials and catalytic system reactor design for the above mentioned applications. The work will be conducted in close collaboration with a team of UNSW researchers.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will have:
- PhD or equivalent in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or related discipline (note: PhD student or postdoc with background or experience in crystal facet engineering is strongly preferred).
- Demonstrated track record of independent research published in high quality conferences and/or journals
- Knowledge and experience in material synthesis and characterisation (XRD, XPS, HRTEM, Spectroscopy, ICP), photocatalysis
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a research team
- Demonstrated ability to supervise Honours, Masters and/or PhD students
- Proven imitative in setting personal objectives and time management
- Ability to take responsibility for project goals
- Excellent presentation (oral) and written communication skills
- Knowledge of health and safety responsibilities and commitment to attending relevant health and safety training
- Ability to operate and manage research programs within limited budgets
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent directly to the contact listed.
Dr Yun Hau Ng, Senior Lecturer, School of Chemical Engineering
T: (61 2) 9385 4340
Applications close: 3 May 2018