Team Leader, Scheduling
- Join Australia's number 1 University †
- Career opportunities, professional development, work-life balance.
- Use your expertise and innovative thinking to truly have an impact.
Who says you can't change the world? We expect to do nothing less.
Academic Services, University Services
Salary: $99,199 - $107,370 p.a. plus 9.5% superannuation
About University Services
University Services comprises of 1,600 professional staff focused on providing client centric and innovative services to the University. The group is providing transformational change, defining and influencing future service enhancements within the University of Melbourne. The Team Leader, Scheduling is a member of the Student Administration Team which sits within the Academic Services portfolio.
About the role
The Team Leader, Scheduling is responsible for leading the operational delivery and management of the University’s Timetable and Class Registration function to ensure an integrated University-wide Timetable, from which students adn staff can create personalised timetables in a timely manner. In doing it seeks to improve student and staff experience of the timetable and optimise use of the University’s teaching spaces and facilities. This role will have leadership and oversight of all scheduling activities, which in addition to teaching and learning activities will include venue bookings which support research and engagement events (teaching, research and engagement being the core focus of the University and sharing priority in allocating space and facilities accordingly). It will be charged with ensuring all scheduling activities are coordinated, work efficiently and effectively cross-functionally and provide an optimal outcome and experience for students and staff.
- Undergraduate qualifications in a relevant discipline and or equivalent mix of education and relevant experience.
- Excellent stakeholder, team leadership, coordination and supervisory skills, high level communication and planning abilities, advanced data literacy and analytics, project management and an orientation for service excellence and customer experience is required to be successful in this role.
- Proven ability to thrive in a changing and fast paced environment
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
† The University of Melbourne is the Number 1 University in Australia and among the leading Universities in the world, according to The Times Higher Education world reputational ranking, the National Taiwan University ranking, The Times Higher Education world university ranking and Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities.
Close date: 2 May 2018
Position Description & Selection Criteria
*For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria/competencies, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/search/info/selection-criteria