HRIS Subject Matter Expert and Business Analyst
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
In recent years UNSW IT has implemented a Shared Service capability moving away from a complete federated model of individual IT units operating within Faculties and Divisions. UNSW IT is now entering its next phase of transformation to position itself as a strategic partner and enabler within the University.
About the role
- Work on multiple projects
- Permanent role
- Based Sydney Eastern Suburbs
The HRIS Subject Matter Expert (SME) and Business Analyst (BA) is a subject matter expert in HR processes and the use of HR Information Systems (HRIS), in particular the People soft Human Capital Management (HCM) and PageUp package solution, in the administration of human resources at UNSW.
They are the key intermediary between business end-users and UNSW IT to ensure that processes and systems meet business requirements. The HRIS SME & BA is accountable for analysing and defining requirements and functionality for HR systems and providing system user configuration and administration.
Selection Criteria (to be addressed):
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline or an equivalent level of knowledge gained through a combination of education, training and/or experience.
- Extensive professional experience in business process / functional analysis, design or support, or equivalent business experience.
- Ability to quickly grasp concepts and a high level competency in resolving complex systems and process improvement problems.
- Previous experience in the implementation, upgrade and/or support of HRIS applications and in particular Peoplesoft HCM and PageUp, with the ability to perform user configuration and administration (workflow, portal, security).
- Experience and thorough understanding of project management methods and all aspects of the software development lifecycle (SDLC).
- Experience in business requirements gathering, business analysis and modelling for a mission critical application with a large customer base.
- Ability and demonstrated experience of using relational databases, data analysis and reporting.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated capacity to communicate clearly and confidently with business end-users and IT functional and technical staff.
- Excellent relationship, facilitation and negotiation skills and a demonstrated track record of working in and fostering a highly motivated team environment.
- Demonstrated experience in leading and managing change.
- Knowledge of health and safety responsibilities and commitment to attending relevant health and safety training.
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Ralph Hitti, Talent Acquisition Consultant
T: (61 2) 9385 6977
Applications close: 26/04/2018