Senior Advisor, Experiential Learning
2 days left
- Full Time
- Join Australia's number 1 University †
- Career opportunities, professional development, work-life balance.
- Use your expertise and innovative thinking to truly have an impact.
Who says you can't change the world? We expect to do nothing less.
Academic Services, University Services
Salary: $79,910 - $86,499 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
About University Services
University Services comprises of 1,600 professional staff focused on providing client centric and innovative services to the University. The group is providing transformational change, defining and influencing future service enhancements within the University of Melbourne. The [enter position title] is a member of the [enter team name] Team which sits within the [enter portfolio name] portfolio.
About the role
The Senior Adviser, Experiential Learning – Industry is responsible for the provision of proactive, high quality experiential learning support and advice to students that engages and supports an individual student’s employability capacity through advising, educational programming and interactions with industry.
The incumbent will create and coordinate assigned programs for cohorts; either sector based (alumni, community, industry or university), discipline or course or type of student (e.g. first year, penultimate year, international, graduate or undergraduate)
Additionally, the role ensures experiential learning advice and associated activities support students at all stages of the student life cycle to aid successful engagement, leadership and employability outcomes in an inclusive, equitable, educative and developmental process
- You will have a relevant tertiary qualification with subsequent relevant experience or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training
- Experienced in the provision of employability and careers services and advice within a higher education.
- Excellent and well-developed interpersonal and oral communication skills including demonstrated experience in facilitating group sessions, large group presentations and one on one student advice
- Demonstrated stakeholder management experience with high level problem-solving skills, ability to think flexibly to develop tailored and innovative programs to meet stakeholder and student needs
- Proven ability to thrive in a changing and fast paced environment
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
† The University of Melbourne is the Number 1 University in Australia and among the leading Universities in the world, according to The Times Higher Education world reputational ranking, the National Taiwan University ranking, The Times Higher Education world university ranking and Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities.
Close date: 25 Apr 2018
Position Description & Selection Criteria
*For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria/competencies, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/search/info/selection-criteria