Manager, Collections and Information Resources
SALARY RANGE: $112,056 to $118,768 pa (plus 17% super)
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-time (36.75 hours per week) and continuing
LOCATION: Geelong Waterfront Campus
ABOUT THE ROLE
Lead and manage collection services for the selection, acquisition, renewal, leasing, licensing, and provision of library information resources to meet the needs of students and staff of Deakin University.
This will include:
- Managing collection acquisition, selection and renewal processes for library information resources available to students and staff of Deakin University.
- Leading and managing library strategies and business activities regarding information management and access.
- Managing the timely and effective expenditure and reporting requirements of the library information resources budget.
- Contributing to the development of the Library's action plan within the context of the University Strategic Plan, and the enabling plans of the University.
- Degree and/or post graduate qualification in Library or information science or equivalent knowledge or experience which qualifies for professional membership of the Australian Library and Information Association (ALIA).
- Demonstrated and extensive experience in the acquisition of information resources and collection management, preferably in a higher education environment.
- Extensive experience in the use of an integrated library management system.
- Substantial knowledge and understanding of information resources development, acquisition, funding, and collection management strategies.
For a full list of the selection criteria please see the position description
CONTACT FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: Colin Bates, Tel: +61 3 5227 2713, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE: Sunday 13 May 2018
We value our staff and understand that they are more than just their jobs, that's why we offer benefits that enhance work life. Further information on Deakin's workplace benefits can be found here: deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin/why-work-at-deakin/staff-benefits
For a full copy of the position description and to apply online, please visit deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin
Deakin University values diversity, enables access and promotes inclusion.
Deakin University is an employer of choice for women and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.