Research Assistant in Psychology
- Part Time
School of Psychiatry / Centre for Healthy Brain Ageing (CHeBA)
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
The School of Psychiatry is widely reputed as the pre-eminent psychiatric research department in the country, and one of the leading university groups internationally. It is located at the UNSW teaching hospitals at various metropolitan sites in the Sydney region and in rural New South Wales.
About the role
- $71,451 - $80,850 plus 9.5% superannuation and leave loading
- Fixed Term for 12 months (with prospects of renewal)
- Part-time (0.8FTE or 28 hours per week)
The School of Psychiatry is seeking a highly organised and pro-active Research Assistant to assist with the facilitation of research undertaken as part of the Sydney Memory and Ageing Study (SMAS), which is a large longitudinal study of Mild Cognitive Impairment (MCI) in older Australians, conducted by the Centre for Healthy Brain Ageing (CHeBA).
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A tertiary degree in Psychology (Honours 2.1 or higher or equivalent)
- Demonstrated experience with client/participant interviewing and assessment, preferably with older adults and patients with dementia
- Demonstrated high level of written and communication skills
The successful applicant may be required to undergo a National Criminal Record Check and needs to hold a current unrestricted NSW driver’s licence.
You are required to systematically address the selection criteria in your application.
If you have any enquiries about this position please contact Dr Kristan Kang, Research Data Manager, CHeBA
T: (61 2) 9385 0430
Applications close: 24 April 2018