Senior Learning Designer
- Convenient CBD location
- Work for an ASX 200 organisation
- Career pathways and progression opportunities
- Work in a collegial and supportive environment
- A globally recognised, well established leader in education
- Non-salary benefits
This Senior Learning Designer works within the Learning and Teaching Services area with a focus on leading, implementing and evaluating projects and initiatives related to the use of technology in teaching, learning and the student experience.
The Senior Learning Designer will work with the Team Lead to implement action research projects and change management initiatives as part of the Learning and Teaching Services’ focus on capability building amongst our stakeholders. The role encompasses high level planning, project management and stakeholder management activities as well as hands on learning design, academic development, training/facilitation and professional development. Leading the development of frameworks, guidelines and templates to support practice is also an essential focus of this role.
The ideal candidate we seek will ideally have the following:
- Postgraduate degree or equivalent in education or research-related discipline
- Demonstrated understanding of contemporary pedagogy as it relates to tertiary education;
- Demonstrated effectiveness in designing, developing and evaluating curricula in a tertiary education setting;
- Evidence of significant experience and demonstrated effectiveness in designing, facilitating and evaluating academic/teacher professional development initiatives (training, workshops, presentations) in a tertiary education setting
- Broad understanding of, and hands-on experience with, a range of technologies used in learning environments with knowledge of best practice for implementation;
- Demonstrated capacity to inspire and innovate and to identify and take advantage of new opportunities, whilst striving for continuous improvement;
- Substantive experience in project leadership / project management in a tertiary education setting;
- Excellent oral, written and media-based communication and networking skills: communicates with confidence and credibility at a range of levels and can adjust communication style to the needs of the audience; proactively builds productive working relationships with internal and external partners, including but not limited to senior managers and academics
- Well-developed organisational skills and demonstrated ability to set priorities and meet deadlines
- Experience working in a multicultural education environment;
- Knowledge of undergraduate and/or foundation studies programs at university level.
What we can offer you:
- First class modern facilities
- Collegial and collaborative environment with the aim of providing quality learning and teaching across the business
- Health & Wellbeing packages which includes free counselling for employees and family, discounted gym membership, movie tickets, discounts on travel, accommodation and insurance
- Salary packaging and novated leasing
Navitas is a leading global education provider that delivers an extensive range of educational services to over 80,000 students annually through more than 120 institutions in 31 countries.
We are proud to be an ASX 200 listed organisation and strive for continuous growth and excellence with students at our forefront.
With a large diversified global footprint, Navitas are committed to improving lives through education, passion for student outcome and growth through conviction and rigour.
Teaching and students are at the heart of what drives us. We are proud of our graduates, teachers and support staff and excited about our future, and the future of delivering accessible and effective education.
Navitas promotes equality, flexibility and equal opportunity in the workplace.
For full description of the role and other opportunities, please visit https://www.navitas.com/careers
To apply, please submit your resume/CV and cover letter addressing the selection criteria, or for further information, please contact Lincoln Gomes on +61 2 9967 6247 or, Lincoln.firstname.lastname@example.org