Division of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Academic
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
UNSW Library is one of Australia’s major research libraries, with extensive scholarly information resources, services and facilities. It serves a large population of academic and research staff and students on two campuses and affiliated research institutes. The library serves 3 million in-person visitors and 20 million online interactions a year and features world class collections, services and facilities.
About the role
- $83,653 - $89,238 plus 17% superannuation and leave loading
The Executive Assistant is a member of the Central Services Department within the Library and provides high level support to the Library Executive Team. The Executive Assistant is expected to demonstrate a high level of skill, independence and accountability in effectively and efficiently supporting senior Library staff through the management of calendars and meetings and the production of documents and reports for meetings and other purposes.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Excellent written communication skills with the ability to research and develop high quality written documentation including minutes, actions, proposals and reports
- Strong organisational and negotiation skills with a demonstrated capacity to work on numerous tasks concurrently and to think strategically, drawing on information from multiple sources
- Demonstrated ability in project management including a proven ability to establish priorities and work to deadlines whilst maintaining attention to accuracy and detail
- Prior experience with providing executive assistant services within a large and complex organisation would be considered favourably
You should systematically address the selection criteria that is listed in the attached position description in your application.
Steve Pappas, Manager Central Services
T: (61 2) 9385 8260
Applications close: 28 April 2018