Lecturer, Level B Counselling
- Enjoy access to flexible work arrangements
- Contribute to the growth and direction of ACAP as thought leaders in the industry
- Convenient location in Sydney CBD opposite Hyde Park
ACAP are seeking a Lecturer Level B in Counselling due to expansion in our Melbourne Campus
The primary focus for the Lecturer of Counselling will be to coordinate units nationally in either the Bachelor of Counselling, Graduate Diploma of Counselling or Master of Counselling and Psychotherapy. They will regularly refresh the ACAP discipline of Counselling programs ensuring high quality curriculum and learning and teaching.
The curriculum includes interactive and innovative online teaching and learning activities as well as on-campus teaching. In addition to unit co-ordination, the successful incumbent is expected to take lead in teaching within the programs. Research and scholarship activities, postgraduate research project supervision and professional service are also important aspects of this role.
Essential Skills & Experience
- PhD or Professional Doctorate qualification (or near completion) in a counselling related area
- Demonstrated ability to develop quality curriculum and assessments at undergraduate and postgraduate levels in accredited counselling and psychotherapy degrees, with experience of professional accreditation requirements
- A minimum of 5 years of clinical or high level membership of relevant professional associations such as PACFA, ACA, APS College of Counselling Psychologists
- Experience in teaching counselling or related discipline at undergraduate and/or postgraduate levels with demonstrated excellent feedback in teaching
- Knowledge of counsellor education literature and implementation of leading edge/best practices in tertiary teaching and learning including blended learning, experiential learning, critical thinking and a teacher-practitioner approach to learning
- Ability to mentor junior faculty and sessional teachers in counselling pedagogy
- Demonstrated ability to undertake academic supervision of research projects within the Master of Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively and build strong relationships with academics, student experience staff, and sessional teachers
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and in teams
- Demonstrated computer literacy, including competence in using word processing and data packages
- Expertise in using Moodle or similar platform and online teaching programs
- Knowledge of Work Health and Safety and Privacy policies of relevance to the work environment
- Graduate Certificate in Tertiary Teaching or Higher Education will be highly regarded
- Willingness to complete the ACAP FOLTO program (4 Units, 5/6 weeks each at approximately 9 hours per week)
What we can do for you:
- Flexible work arrangements
- Study assistance up to 100% reimbursement (subject to conditions) First class modern facilities
- Career progression and development pathways
- Collegial and collaborative environment with the aim of academic excellence
- Mobility within the organisation and locations
- Health & Wellbeing packages which includes free counselling for employees and family, discounted gym membership, movie tickets, discounts on travel, accommodation and insurance
- Salary packaging and novated leasing
Who we are
Established in 1983, the Australian College of Applied Psychology (ACAP) is a leader in applied psychology education and courses promoting individual and community wellbeing.
The college faculty promotes a collegial environment, hands-on approach and supportive culture, within a diverse student community.
We are a Higher Education Institution and Registered Training Organisation within the Careers & Industry Division of Navitas Limited, an ASX 200 listed company.
ACAP is evolving and looking at innovative ways with a forward focused approach on adapting to the ever-changing landscape of education, the marketplace and society. We aim to become a thought leader in our space with the ability to influence stakeholders in the Australian education environment.
We benefit from the support of Navitas, a large diversified global educator who are committed to improving lives through education, passion for student outcome and growth through conviction and rigour.
Teaching and students are at the heart of what drives us. We are proud of our graduates, teachers and support staff and excited about our future, and the future of delivering accessible and effective education.
Our campuses are located in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, Online and soon Perth.
Successful candidates will require full working rights in Australia and to undergo a criminal records check & working with children check. Navitas promotes equality, flexibility and equal opportunity in the workplace.
Please apply online and include a resume and cover letter addressing the selection criteria, or alternatively, email your application to email@example.com
For further information please contact Judith Ayre on the above email, or alternatively +61 3 8613 0605
Applications close Monday 7 May 2018. Any received past the close-off date may be considered pending recruitment process.