Lecturer, Level C Counselling - Discipline Lead
- Enjoy access to flexible work arrangements
- Contribute to the growth and direction of ACAP as thought leaders in the industry
- Convenient location in Sydney CBD opposite Hyde Park
Work within an innovative environment, responsive to the profession to become pioneers in the discipline.
The Senior Lecturer will lead the Discipline of Counselling on the Sydney Campus. This will involve managing a group of up to 30 sessional academic teachers, monitoring their work, supervising the allocation of their classes and workload and reviewing their student feedback.
In addition, the Senior Lecturer will take a senior role in overseeing, preparing and refreshing high quality curriculum in the ACAP discipline of Counselling programs, across the Bachelor of Counselling, Graduate Diploma of Counselling and Master of Counselling and Psychotherapy.
The curriculum includes interactive and innovative online teaching and learning activities as well as on-campus teaching. The successful incumbent will be expected to take a lead in teaching within the programs. Unit co-ordination, research and scholarship activities, postgraduate research project supervision and professional service are important aspects of this role.
Essential Skills & Experience
- PhD or Professional Doctorate qualification in counselling process/practice and/or clinical supervision
- Demonstrated ability to develop quality curriculum and assessments at undergraduate and postgraduate levels in accredited counselling and psychotherapy degrees, with experience of professional accreditation requirements
- A minimum of 5 years of clinical or high level membership of relevant professional associations such as PACFA, ACA, APS College of Counselling Psychologists
- Eligibility to be registered as a counselling supervisor with PACFA, ASOS or other clinical professional body
- Substantial academic experience in teaching counselling or related discipline at undergraduate and/or postgraduate levels with demonstrated excellent feedback in teaching
- Extensive knowledge of counsellor education literature and implementation of leading edge/best practices in tertiary teaching and learning including blended learning, experiential learning, critical thinking and a teacher-practitioner approach to learning
- Demonstrated ability to undertake academic supervision of research projects within the Master of Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively and build strong relationships with clinical supervisors, academics, student experience staff, student placement staff, and sessional teachers
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and in teams
- Demonstrated computer literacy, including competence in using word processing, Excel, and qualitative and/or statistical analysis software
- Expertise in using Moodle or similar platform and online teaching programs
- Knowledge of Work Health and Safety policies of relevance to the work environment
- Preferable track record of scholarship activities in counselling, or related field
- Preferable Graduate Certificate in Tertiary Teaching or Higher Education
What we can do for you:
- Flexible work arrangements
- Study assistance up to 100% reimbursement (subject to conditions)
- First class modern facilities
- Career progression and development pathways
- Collegial and collaborative environment with the aim of academic excellence
- Mobility within the organisation and locations
- Health & Wellbeing packages which includes free counselling for employees and family, discounted gym membership, movie tickets, discounts on travel, accommodation and insurance
- Salary packaging and novated leasing
Who we are
Established in 1983, the Australian College of Applied Psychology (ACAP) is a leader in applied psychology education and courses promoting individual and community wellbeing.
The college faculty promotes a collegial environment, hands-on approach and supportive culture, within a diverse student community.
We are a Higher Education Institution and Registered Training Organisation within the Careers & Industry Division of Navitas Limited, an ASX 200 listed company.
ACAP is evolving and looking at innovative ways with a forward focused approach on adapting to the ever-changing landscape of education, the marketplace and society. We aim to become a thought leader in our space with the ability to influence stakeholders in the Australian education environment.
We benefit from the support of Navitas, a large diversified global educator who are committed to improving lives through education, passion for student outcome and growth through conviction and rigour.
Teaching and students are at the heart of what drives us. We are proud of our graduates, teachers and support staff and excited about our future, and the future of delivering accessible and effective education.
Our campuses are located in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, Online and soon Perth.
Successful candidates will require full working rights in Australia and to undergo a criminal records check & working with children check. Navitas promotes equality, flexibility and equal opportunity in the workplace.
Please apply online and include a resume and cover letter addressing the selection criteria, or alternatively, email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information please contact Judith Ayre on the above email, or alternatively +61 3 8613 0605
Applications close Monday 7 May 2018. Any received past the close-off date may be considered pending recruitment process.