Project 'Co-NNECTIONS' Lead
3 days left
- Full Time
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The Student Services and Systems portfolio at UNSW is a part of the Division of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic) and has responsibility for a broad range of student services that cover the whole student lifecycle and experience, from recruitment to graduation.
This is a new role, created to pilot a ground breaking new student support initiative, the ‘Co-NNECTIONS’ Project’. This exciting new initiative is a collaboration between the Co-op Scholarship Program office, together with the Office of the Deputy Vice Chancellor Inclusion & Diversity (DVCI&D) and will be managed by the Co-op office. The ‘Co-nnections Project’ is designed to build a ‘successful outcomes’ program for students entering University from disadvantaged backgrounds.
A successful 2018/9 Pilot will be fundamental to determining the long-term scale & source of funds for the roll-out of the program. The Pilot will involve implementing & evaluating Stage 1 of the Program’ between April ‘18 – April ’19, and will test & evaluate key pillars of the total Program offering.
About the role
- $91k - $99k plus 9.5% Superannuation and annual leave loading
- 1 Year Contract (April 2018-April 2019)
- Full-time (35 hours per week)
The ‘Co-NNECTIONS Project’ aims to leverage the experience, learning and goodwill built over 30 years of working with Australia’s leading industry partners & high achieving students/alumni in the Co-op Program, to produce young professionals who ‘hit the ground running’ when they enter the workforce. Australian research shows that enrolment outcomes/completion rates for students from low SES backgrounds remain approximately 10 points lower than their counterparts. ‘Co-NNECTIONS’ is built as a structured engagement program to help students from challenging/ disadvantaged backgrounds, who come to UNSW, achieve success at university & in their transition to the graduate workforce.
The Pilot will involve implementing & evaluating Stage 1 of the Program and will test & evaluate key pillars of the total Program offering i.e.
- Setting up and administering the management procedures & processes required to successfully pilot & evaluate this new Program
- Overseeing the design & delivery of a purpose built Professional Development Training program, including courses to build soft skills; professional awareness & corporate understanding;
- Assessing, appointing & supporting students on internships
About the successful applicant
The person who accepts this role will enjoy a challenging, fast paced environment and be excited & motivated by the chance to make a real difference to the success rates of students entering University from disadvantaged backgrounds.
The successful applicant will have:
- A broadly based business/management degree with some relevant experience in project & relationship management.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to build strong relationships (based on respect, empathy, confidence & trust) and to influence & negotiate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Clear evidence of ability to drive effective/successful projects and deliver key targets & objectives on time & within budget;
- Strong record keeping/governance skills with the highest ethics & integrity.
- Ability to contribute to the strategic development of the Co-NNECTIONS pilot.
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Michelle Morris (Co-op Program Scholar & Communications Manager)
T: (61 2) 9385 5219
Applications close: 23 April 2018