Lead Business Systems Analyst
5 days left
- Full Time
- Join Australia's number 1 University †
- Career opportunities, professional development, work-life balance.
- Use your expertise and innovative thinking to truly have an impact.
Who says you can't change the world? We expect to do nothing less.
Infrastructure Services, University Services
Salary: $115,726 - $120,404 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
About University Services
University Services comprises of 1,600 professional staff focused on providing client centric and innovative services to the University. The group is providing transformational change, defining and influencing future service enhancements within the University of Melbourne. The Lead Business Systems Analyst is a member of the Academic Applications Management Team which sits within the Infrastructure Services portfolio.
About the role
The Lead Business Systems Analyst in the Academic Applications Management Team (AAM) will work with the AAM Delivery Manager to plan and coordinate the capacity of multiple Business Systems Analysts while also carrying out core business systems analyst activities. This role will facilitate business improvement and enhancement activities focusing on the student experience. It will also involve establishing process improvements using various methodologies such as Lean Six Sigma, project methodologies such as AGILE, risk assessment and process mapping.
The Lead Business Systems Analyst will be engaging with the stakeholders across the University to ensure that current business processes are supported, contributing to the resolution of change issues, utilising the systems in development and test environments to support processes.
The appointee will have:
- Undergraduate qualifications in a relevant discipline or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and education/training
- Qualifications in IT, Business or other relevant discipline and/or equivalent mix of education
- Significant relevant experience in a university environment
- Desirable knowledge in Agile Methodologies
- Desirable knowledge in Lean Six Sigma Methodology
- Establish strong verbal and communication skills; with proven ability to adapt to multiple stakeholders from varying contexts
- Show evidence of adaptive and intent leadership approaches where customer focus is key and collaboration with various teams, high performing culture and continuous improvement are the core values.
- Extensive, analytical experience with the ability to lead through a complex landscape
- Proven experience in leading high performing team of business analyst/business systems analyst in a cross-functional and/or agile teams.
- Demonstrate experience in release management and project management skills working across different delivery and operations teams
- Evidence of self-driven, open, learning mindset with strong facilitation skills
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
† The University of Melbourne is the Number 1 University in Australia and among the leading Universities in the world, according to The Times Higher Education world reputational ranking, the National Taiwan University ranking, The Times Higher Education world university ranking and Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities.
Close date: 25 Apr 2018
Position Description & Selection Criteria
*For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria/competencies, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/search/info/selection-criteria