- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
UNSW BE is one of the largest built environment faculties in Australia and is internationally renowned for its comprehensive range of multidisciplinary degree programs. UNSW BE focus is on research and education relevant to the design, delivery and management of the 21st century city and the elements. The Faculty’s strategic direction is one based on a commitment to deliver high impact research and graduates equipped with the knowledge and practical skills required to realise sustainable urban environments of enduring cultural value. The Faculty currently incorporates one formally recognised Research Centre, being the City Futures Research Centre (CFRC), and one Cooperative Research Centre being the CRC for Low Carbon Living.
About the role
- < $<XX>K-$<XXX>K plus 9.5% Superannuation and annual leave loading
- 12 month Fixed Term parental leave
The Executive Assistant provides effective and efficient high-level administrative support to a range of positions in the Faculty Executive, such as the Dean, Faculty General Manager, Deputy Dean/Head of School, Associate Head of School, Associate Dean (Research), Associate Dean (International) and Associate Dean (Education). This position is the first point of contact for the Faculty Executive positions and coordinates an extensive range of office and information systems, ensuring that professionalism and confidentiality is maintained at all times.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will:
- Provide executive support and high level administrative assistance to the Executive demonstrating discretion and professionalism at all times
- Undertake complex diary management and efficient prioritisation of competing priorities for the Faculty Executive
- Act as the first point of contact for internal and external stakeholders, maintain effective channels of communication, analyse requests, filter correspondence and prioritise urgent and often sensitive, matters
- Integrate information from various sources to prepare documentation for the Faculty Executive including correspondence, reports, presentations and briefing notes that may involve sensitive and confidential information
- Coordinate, prepare and disseminate meeting agendas and papers, minutes, action points and other necessary meeting and committee documentation, and ensure the Faculty Executive is appropriately prepared, providing support as required to ensure timely completion of action items
- Build, develop and maintain effective working relationships with the Faculty Executive’s internal and external stakeholders and provide an effective link for the Faculty Executive to maintain strong communications and relationships
- Coordinate the Faculty Executive’s travel arrangements including flight and transport bookings, itineraries, accommodation, conference registrations and any other requirements
- Coordinate and process the Faculty Executive’s finance activities including tracking expenditure, reconciling credit cards and arranging reimbursements and payment of accounts
- Interpret and apply University and Faculty policies, procedures and guidelines to all activities as appropriate
- Support relevant projects and business improvement activities to streamline processes and facilitate administrative efficiency as required
- Cooperate with all health and safety policies and procedures of the university and take all reasonable care to ensure that your actions or omissions do not impact on the health and safety of yourself or others
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Francy Fan, Operations Manager
Applications close: 29th April 2018