Post-Doc Research Fellow n Clinical Psychology
School of Psychiatry
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The School of Psychiatry is widely reputed as the pre-eminent psychiatric department in the country and one of the leading psychiatry departments internationally. The School receives funds from the NHMRC through project and program grants as well as funding from other national peer-reviewed competitive funding bodies such as the Mason Foundation. The School has members located in the University’s teaching hospitals of Prince of Wales, St. Vincent’s, St George and Liverpool, as well as Justice Health and the Rural Clinical School.
About the role
- $73,597 - $98,127 plus (9.5% Superannuation and annual leave loading)
- Fixed Term for 12 months
- Full-time (35 hours per week)
The Post-Doctoral Research Fellow will work on a Randomised Controlled Trial testing the efficacy of Parent-child Interaction Therapy – Toddler (PCIT-T), Circle of Security- Parenting (COS-P) and Waitlist control conditions for toddlers presenting with disruptive behaviours. This project aims to evaluate parent, child and parent-child relationship outcomes of the intervention conditions.
The Post-Doctoral Research Fellow will also contribute other research projects all in the area of infant mental health, early parenting and child wellbeing. The position is based at the Karitane Toddler Clinics in Carramar and Camden.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will:
- PhD in Clinical Psychology or related discipline
- Current or eligibility for full or provisional registration as a psychologist with the Australian Health Practitioner’s Regulation Agency (AHPRA) Psychology Board
- Demonstrated knowledge or experience in the delivery of PCIT and PCIT-T
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent directly to the contact listed.
Dr Jane Kohlhoff, Senior Lecturer, School of Psychiatry, UNSW
T: 02 9794 2344
Applications close: April 30th, 2018