Senior Administration Officer
Global Student Recruitment and Mobility
Widening Participation and Outreach
- Opportunity to manage general administrative support
- Full-time fixed term for 9 months
- Remuneration package: HEO7 $90Kp.a. base salary, plus leave loading and superannuation
About the opportunity
The Senior Administration Officer manages general administrative support including preparing documents, responding to complex queries, exploring matters, and sourcing solutions etc. for the work area including finance and HR matters. The incumbent will be required to provide guidance and support to more junior administrative staff, utilising their extensive administrative experience and judgement,helping to analyse matters and provide advice on policy and procedures for the delivery of work outcomes.
In this position, you will:
- manage overall general administrative services and operational support by the work area
- manage the financial, compliance and reporting requirements for the Office
- provide support for the managers of the Widening Participation and Outreach
- manage HR requirements for the Widening Participation and Outreach.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance in recruiting talent aligned to these values in the pursuit of research excellence.
We are looking for a Senior Administration Officer who possesses:
- tertiary qualifications in business administration and/or equivalent relevant experience in business administration
- excellent negotiation, conflict resolution, relationship building and influencing skills together with high level of tact, diplomacy and discretion and the ability to maintain confidentiality
- demonstrated experience in the supervision, training, mentoring and performance management of staff; and experience managing and resolving a diverse range of HR issues
- financial management experience and literacy, experience managing budgets and controlling income and expenditure.
Widening Participation and Outreach leads and supports programs and initiatives to build school and community capacity toattend higher education and to increase the participation of students from identified cohorts; low Socio-Economic (low SES);regional and remote and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds.
Since our inception 160 years ago, the University of Sydney has led to improve the world around us. We believe in education for all and that effective leadership makes lives better. These same values are reflected in our approach to diversity and inclusion, and underpin our long-term strategy for growth.We’re Australia's first university and have an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. Across our campuses, we employ more than 6,000 academic and non-academic staff who support over 60,000 students.
We are undergoing significant transformative change which brings opportunity for innovation, progressive thinking, breaking with convention, challenging the status quo, and improving the world around us.
How to apply
For more information on the position and University, please view the candidate information pack available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number to apply.
Please note: visa sponsorship is not available for this position
Closing date: 11:30pm 22 April 2018
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
©The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.