Student Placement Support Coordinator
1 day left
- Full Time
Macquarie is the university of pioneering minds. Globally recognised as one of Australia’s leading research universities, Macquarie is a place where extraordinary new possibilities come to light. We’ve helped people to hear, introduced wireless internet technology to the world and broken through traditional boundaries by appointing Australia’s first female vice-chancellor.
At Macquarie you’ll join a vibrant community of diverse perspectives, all working towards a brighter future for our communities and our planet. Surrounded by a beautiful parkland campus, our students and staff are free to explore and discover, supported by facilities including a high-tech library, private teaching hospital, gym and pools, childcare facilities, a campus train station and the newly expanded Macquarie Centre shopping complex next door.
Macquarie University is developing the nation's first fully integrated academic health sciences centre under a university's leadership. With a focus on patients and an ultimate goal of improving lives, MQ Health – the Macquarie University Health Sciences Centre – will see true convergence of the learning and research endeavours of Macquarie's Faculty of Medicine & Health Sciences (FMHS), with the clinical care provided at Macquarie University Hospital (MUH) and Macquarie University Clinical Associates (MUCA). MQ Health brings together the excellent work of medical and allied health researchers across the University and around the country, with unparalleled access to world-leading clinical resources and research facilities found only on our campus.
Join us and start seeing the world in a different light.
We are seeking an experienced Student Placement Support Coordinator to oversee the coordination and provision of support for student placements across the Faculty’s education programs. The incumbent of this role will also be responsible for the establishment and maintenance of relationships with new and existing placement partners and be responsible for developing and implementing systems and processes for the smooth delivery of placement activities.
Primary responsibilities of the role include:
- Overseeing the student placement allocation process
- Working with the University General Counsel to set up partner agreements with relevant placement partners
- Stakeholder relationship management
- Working with Health and Safety to implement risk assessment and mitigation protocols across our placement programs
Note: This position requires criminal record and working with children check clearances for NSW.
To be considered for this position, the applicant will demonstrate the below requirements in their CV and a 1 - 2 page cover letter:
- Sound understanding of placement coordination including an ability to use placement or student management systems, particularly within a clinical setting.
- A working knowledge of policies and standards as required by organisations such as NSW Health, AHPRA, HETI or similar other organisations.
- Demonstrated experience in working in a complex organisation using judgement, creativity and initiative to solve problems.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders together with demonstrated cross-cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Understanding of risk assessment and management.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with an ability to adapt style and approach according to audience.
- Experience using ClinConnect will be highly regarded, but is not essential.
Salary Package: From $91,685 to $99,406 p.a. (HEW Level 7), plus 17% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading.
Appointment Type: Full time, continuing position
Specific Role Enquiries: Tania Kinane, Faculty Student Services Manager on email@example.com
General Enquiries: Daniella Oreskovic, HR Administrator on firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Close: 11:55pm on Sunday, 22 April 2018
Macquarie University is an EO Employer committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with disability; women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles); Indigenous Australians, people who identify as GLBTIQ; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Applications need to be submitted through the Macquarie University online recruitment system. Where circumstances such as disability or remote location prohibit your access to our online system please contact the enquiries person listed in this advertisement for assistance.