Placement Support Officer
Macquarie is the university of pioneering minds. Globally recognised as one of Australia’s leading research universities, Macquarie is a place where extraordinary new possibilities come to light. We’ve helped people to hear, introduced wireless internet technology to the world and broken through traditional boundaries by appointing Australia’s first female vice-chancellor.
At Macquarie you’ll join a vibrant community of diverse perspectives, all working towards a brighter future for our communities and our planet. Surrounded by a beautiful parkland campus, our students and staff are free to explore and discover, supported by facilities including a high-tech library, private teaching hospital, gym and pools, childcare facilities, a campus train station and the newly expanded Macquarie Centre shopping complex next door.
Macquarie University is developing the nation's first fully integrated academic health sciences centre under a university's leadership. With a focus on patients and an ultimate goal of improving lives, MQ Health – the Macquarie University Health Sciences Centre – will see true convergence of the learning and research endeavours of Macquarie's Faculty of Medicine & Health Sciences (FMHS), with the clinical care provided at Macquarie University Hospital (MUH) and Macquarie University Clinical Associates (MUCA). MQ Health brings together the excellent work of medical and allied health researchers across the University and around the country, with unparalleled access to world-leading clinical resources and research facilities found only on our campus.
Join us and start seeing the world in a different light.
We are seeking an engaged and motivated individual to join the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences as a Placement Support Officer. The incumbent of the role will administer placements and provide support to students and partners to ensure placements are run smoothly.
The primary accountabilities of the role include:
- Ensuring that students meet the requirements of their placement program prior to commencement, including reporting on compliance requirements.
- Contributing to the facilitation of pre-commencement placement training sessions for students.
- Providing administrative support for student placements such as maintaining systems, monitoring student progress, gathering information for reporting and collecting feedback.
- Assisting with the recruitment of volunteers and general student placement support enquiries.
Note: This position requires criminal record and working with children check clearances for NSW.
To be considered for this position, the applicant will demonstrate the below requirements in their CV and a 1 - 2 page cover letter:
- Demonstrated experience working in both administrative and customer service environments (preferably in placement management and/or volunteer program management).
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills with proven ability to liaise effectively at all levels with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Excellent attention to detail and strong organisational skills with the proven ability to effectively prioritise workload to meet deadlines.
- Ability to exercise initiative and work both independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated experience in working with complex information management and/or administration systems.
Salary Package: From $70,699 to $80,381 p.a. (HEW Level 5) plus 17% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading.
Appointment type: Full time, continuing position
Specific Role Enquiries: Tania Kinane, Student Services Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
General Recruitment Enquiries: Daniella Oreskovic, HR Administrator at email@example.com
Applications Close: Sunday, 22 April 2018 at 11:55pm
Macquarie University is an EO Employer committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with disability (the AIHI is located in a wheelchair accessible building); women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles); Indigenous Australians, people who identify as GLBTIQ; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Applications need to be submitted through the Macquarie University online recruitment system. Where circumstances such as disability or remote location prohibit your access to our online system please contact the enquiries person listed in this advertisement for assistance.