Lecturer, Melbourne School of Engineering - Female Applicants Only
7 days left
- Full Time
Melbourne School of Engineering
In line with the special measure H103/2014 provided for under section 12 of the Equal Opportunity Act 2010 (VIC), the Melbourne School of Engineering strongly encourages applications from suitably qualified women in academia.
Salary: $98,775 - $117,290 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
The Melbourne School of Engineering is strongly committed to supporting diversity and flexibility in the workplace. It is established that a diverse workforce improves organisational performance. In the University where the exploration of ideas, thought leadership and curiosity is fundamental to our teaching and research performance, improving the representation of women is necessary in our goal to innovate and to strengthen MSE’s reputation as a world-class centre of research.
MSE is committed to remedying this gender imbalance and providing a supportive environment where women in academia are empowered to achieve their aspirations. To drive systemic change towards gender equity, MSE is working to lift the representation of women academics from 22% in 2018 to at least 30% over the next five years pursuant to a Special Measure under Section 12(1) of the Equal Opportunity Act 2010 (Vic).
MSE is offering five lecturer continuing roles for women in academia of exceptional calibre across all Engineering and Computer Science disciplines.
School of Electrical, Mechanical and Infrastructure
- Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Department of Infrastructure Engineering
School of Computer and Information Systems
School of Chemical and Biomedical Engineering
- Department of Chemical Engineering
- Department of Biomedical Engineering
Successful appointees will be given the opportunity to play a significant role in realising the industry engagement targets of MSE 2025, develop internationally recognised research portfolios, establish funding streams to support these portfolios, and to enhance interdisciplinary research within and outside the University, whilst contributing to teaching and curriculum development within MSE.
Applications for part-time or other flexible working arrangements will be welcomed and will be fully considered subject to meeting the inherent requirements of the position.
Close date: 30 Apr 2018 (extended from 8 Apr 2018)
Position Description and Selection Criteria
For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria, please go to https://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/selection-criteria
More searches like this
- Permanent Computer Science Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Parkville
- Permanent Engineering & Technology Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Parkville
- Permanent General Engineering Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Parkville
- Permanent Electrical & Electronic Engineering Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Parkville
- Permanent Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Parkville