Associate Professor in Clinical Psychology
- Work for a world-leading University
- Great opportunity to develop & conduct research activities in Clinical Psychology
- Work in a great team environment with dedicated, professional colleagues
- $132,780 - $145,904 plus 17% superannuation
We offer an exciting opportunity for an Associate Professor, Clinical Psychology to join our world-leading institution at James Cook University (JCU). A continuing appointment, this position is based at the Townsville campus in picturesque tropical north Queensland, where you can enjoy a tropical lifestyle whilst still achieving your career goals.
About the Position
Rare opportunity to significantly contribute to the discipline of Psychology at JCU through leadership in innovative, best practice learning and teaching, conducting high impact, independent research and providing excellence in clinical supervision.
You will also
- Design contemporary and effective curriculum utilising various methodologies (including online and blended learning) that provide high quality learning experiences that engage students;
- Provide clinical supervision for students on placement in the postgraduate clinical psychology programs;
- Supervise Higher Degree by Research, Honours and Postgraduate students.
As a talented and dedicated Psychologist you would share our passion to make a positive difference to the lives of people living in the tropics. You will have the opportunity to develop and broaden your career in a supportive and inclusive environment, all while surrounded by the beautiful tropics of North Queensland. The opportunity to develop collaborative links with our Singapore program is strongly encouraged.
You will also have
- excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively with a diverse range of stakeholders;
- The ability to play an active role in ensuring continuous quality improvement of curriculum, teaching resources and learning/ teaching approaches;
- A successful track record in obtaining external research grants, with a demonstrated ability to efficiently organise and conduct research projects;
- Hold full registration with the Psychology Board of Australia as a psychologist, with endorsement to practice as a clinical psychologist and as a supervisor for postgraduate clinical psychology programs.
College of Healthcare Sciences
As part of the Division of Tropical Health and Medicine, the College of Healthcare Sciences promotes, fosters, supports and administers quality teaching and research at JCU in the areas of Nursing, Midwifery and Nutrition, Physiotherapy, Speech Pathology, Occupational Therapy, Psychology, Clinical Exercise Physiology and Sport and Exercise Science.
Over the past 40 years Psychology at JCU has earned a strong reputation for the integrity of its courses and the quality of its graduates. Psychology was a foundation discipline at the beginning of James Cook University and current student enrolments across all three campuses - Townsville, Cairns and Singapore, place the discipline of Psychology as the third largest at JCU.
Consistently ranked in the top 2% of universities worldwide, JCU is one of the world’s leading institutions focussing on the tropics and offers a culturally diverse working environment with opportunities for professional and personal growth. JCU prides itself on being dedicated to teaching, learning and research that is not only of high quality, but also delivers practical benefits to the peoples and industries of the region.
We also offer: (choose as many as relevant)
- generous superannuation scheme with 17% employer contributions
- five weeks’ annual recreation leave
- ongoing professional and career development
- flexible working arrangements
- attractive options for salary packaging
- Fully accredited courses
- Enthusiastic, committed and talented staff
- Relocation assistance may be offered
- well-equipped, modern facilities including on-campus shopping, gym, pool and childcare
- Balance of work and life so you can enjoy a relaxed lifestyle that supports a diverse range of leisure and sporting interests.
How to Apply
Click on the ‘apply now’ button to be taken to JCU’s career page where you can find out more information and download a PD and application instructions.
Position Reference Number: 16353
Applications close: 29 April 2018