Lecturer/Clinical Educator in Psychology
- Work for a world-leading University
- Ensure the smooth organisation of student placements and expectations
- Great opportunity to have work life balance in Tropical North Queensland
- $91,206 - $107, 619 plus 17% superannuation
We now have an exciting opportunity for a Lecturer / Clinical Educator to join our team. This position is based at the Townsville campus in picturesque north Queensland, where you can enjoy a tropical lifestyle whilst still achieving your career goals.
About the position
Reporting to the Head of Psychology you will coordinate and deliver Postgraduate Clinical Psychology Programs related to professional practice and clinical placement. Ensuring adherence to the clinical education accreditation requirements, you will ensure students receive relevant academic advice and clinical education activities during their placement.
- Contribute to the teaching and learning agenda for clinical subjects related to clinical placement and professional practice development;
- Coordinate all placement and professional practice activities including the preparation and delivery of educational material relevant to clinical education and placement;
- Ensure the clinical education component of the Psychology course meets the accreditation requirements as prescribed by the Australian Psychology Accreditation Council and prepare accreditation documents.
As the public face of the discipline, you will work closely with a range of external stakeholders and actively engage in community and external engagement to maintain existing opportunities, and identify new opportunities for placement and professional clinical practice that ensures a high quality, sustainable clinical placement program is delivered at JCU.
You will also
- Have endorsement as a Clinical Psychologist and be approved as a Clinical Supervisor with the Psychology Board of Australia and maintain AHPRA registration.
- Well-developed organisational and time management skills with the ability to apply sound judgement and manage competing deadlines;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively with a diverse range of stakeholders.
College of Healthcare Sciences
As part of the Division of Tropical Health and Medicine, the College of Healthcare Sciences promotes, fosters, supports and administers quality teaching and research at JCU in the areas of Nursing, Midwifery and Nutrition, Physiotherapy, Speech Pathology, Occupational Therapy, Psychology, Clinical Exercise Physiology and Sport and Exercise Science.
Over the past 40 years Psychology at JCU has earned a strong reputation for the integrity of its courses and the quality of its graduates. Psychology was a foundation discipline at the beginning of James Cook University and current studentenrolments across all three campuses - Townsville, Cairns and Singapore, place the discipline of Psychology as the third largest at JCU.
Consistently ranked in the top 2% of universities worldwide, JCU is one of the world’s leading institutions focussing on the tropics and offers a culturally diverse working environment with opportunities for professional and personal growth. JCU prides itself on being dedicated to teaching, learning and research that is not only of high quality, but also delivers practical benefits to the peoples and industries of the region.
We also offer: (choose as many as relevant)
- generous superannuation scheme with 17% employer contributions
- five weeks’ annual recreation leave
- ongoing professional and career development
- flexible working arrangements
- attractive options for salary packaging
- Fully accredited courses
- Enthusiastic, committed and talented staff
- Relocation assistance may be offered
- well-equipped, modern facilities including on-campus shopping, gym, pool and childcare
- Balance of work and life so you can enjoy a relaxed lifestyle that supports a diverse range of leisure and sporting interests.
How to Apply
Click on the ‘apply now’ button to be taken to JCU’s career page where you can find out more information and download a PD and application instructions.
Position Reference Number: 16354
Applications close: 29 April 2018