- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The Academic Services Unit, UNSW Library is seeking to recruit 2 information professionals with highly developed communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills. One position will be ongoing and the other will be for a period of up to 12 months. An eligibility list will be created.
A key priority of the Academic Services Unit is to build and maintain relationships with UNSW researchers, academic staff and students to anticipate information needs and to facilitate knowledge discovery and creation, in line with the UNSW 2025 Strategic Plan.
About the role
- $83.6K-$89.2K plus (17% superannuation and leave loading or 9.5% Superannuation and annual leave loading less than 2 years fixed term)
- 1 position - Continuing full-time (35 hours per week)
- 1 position - Fixed term full-time (35 hours per week) up to 12 months
As an Outreach Librarian you will work as part of a professional team responsible for building and sustaining relationships across the University’s community, playing a key role in promoting the value of scholarly information and Library services and resources.
As an Outreach Librarian you will get to work independently and collaboratively in a collegial workplace where curiosity in seeking new ways for the Library to offer its services is encouraged.
If you are a dynamic information professional with current disciplinary knowledge in either STEM (sciences and technology) or HASS (humanities and social sciences) domains, then we would like to hear from you.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have high level communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills with demonstrated ability to influence and sustain relationships with a variety of stakeholders
- Be able to identify needs and initiate library services relevant to a large research-intensive institution or similar organization
- Have a degree from a higher education institution, with subsequent relevant experience, postgraduate qualifications with relevant experience or an equivalent level of knowledge gained through any other combination of education, training and/or experience.
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Alexander Sussman, Associate Director, Academic Services (SEM)
T: (61 2) 9385 8267
Applications close: 1 May 2018