Lecturer in Marketing
- Deliver a high quality and engaging learning experience
- Full time, continuing role based at our Melbourne (Bundoora) campus
- $90,748 - $107,758 per annum plus 17% superannuation
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. La Trobe University turned 50 in 2017, and over the half century of its existence it has established a reputation as an innovative and accessible university, willing to take risks and take on challenges. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
The Department of Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Marketing is committed to actively engaging with business, policy-makers and the professions in the pursuit of relevant and impactful (social and economic as well as academic) research and, where possible, seeks to effectively engage with the University’s Research Focus Areas (RFAs). The department seeks to further explore cross college/cross disciplinary program innovations.
The Department of Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Marketing is one of four departments in the La Trobe Business School. In addition to being active researchers, members of the Department teach into degrees at both the undergraduate and postgraduate coursework level and, members of the Department who have teaching and research roles, are engaged in supervision of Honours and postgraduate research students.
About the role
A Level B teaching and research academic is expected to develop curriculum, teach and undertake research or other scholarly work relevant to the development of their discipline or professional field. They will also contribute to management and administrative tasks within the University as appropriate, in particular at the Department and School levels. In this role you will:
- Develop, teach and coordinate subjects and courses that engage and motivate students whilst providing a high quality learning experience, through the conduct of lectures, seminars, tutorials, practical classes, demonstrations, workshops, and/or student field excursions.
- Demonstrate a scholarly approach to learning and teaching and contribute to disciplinary teaching pedagogy and research.
- Keep abreast of innovations in teaching and learning in areas such as, but not restricted to, online and blended delivery and incorporate where appropriate.
- Participate in innovative course level curriculum design, development and review.
- Co-supervise or, where appropriate, supervise Higher Degree by Research (HDR) postgraduate students. Encourage intellectual development and career aspirations of students.
- Conduct and publish, or otherwise disseminate high quality and/or high impact research as a member of a team and/or independently and produce journal articles and other publications from that research.
Skills & Experience
To succeed in this role you will have completed a PhD in Marketing or a relevant area and possess demonstrated experience in areas including, but not limited to:
- Completion (or substantial completion) of a PhD in Marketing or equivalent accreditation and standing recognised by the University/profession as appropriate for the relevant discipline area.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in curriculum development and teaching in marketing with a commitment to excellence in teaching.
- Capacity to engage with innovations in cross-campus teaching.
- Capacity to make effective contributions to management and administration at the Department and School level.
- Demonstrated capacity to undertake research in any field of marketing, with appropriate evidence of publications, quality and impact, relative to opportunity
- Capacity to supervise, or co-supervise, honours and postgraduate students.
Please refer to the Position Description for other skills and experience required for this role.
How to Apply
Closing date: Monday 7 May 2018
Position Enquiries: Professor Simon Pervan, Head of Department, Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Marketing, La Trobe Business School +61 3 94791089 / email@example.com
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
Please address Key Selection Criteria from the attached position description and attach these with your application.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further enquiries on how to apply for this role, please contact Kerryn Harbert, Recruitment Advisor +61 3 9479 1623.
To apply and to view position description please visit http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs and search for job no (556544) under current vacancies.
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the SAGE Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.