College Recruitment and Engagement Coordinator
Description of Work Unit
Position will function as a part of the Warner College Communications team, linked to the Warner College Dean’s Office. The Communications team is responsible for managing the College’s brand through content marketing, social marketing, and media relations, producing print and digital media for the College, as well as day-to-day management of the Student Success Center and coordination of Undergraduate recruitment.
The College Recruitment and Engagement Coordinator is responsible for implementing a targeted recruitment strategy to meet departmental and college goals for the undergraduate student body. This person will also be responsible for supporting the College’s retention efforts through support of the College’s Academic Success Coordinators’ council, managing events and programs that cultivate a strong College culture, and supporting operations of the College Student Success Center.
Required Job Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in natural resources, liberal arts, sciences, arts, business, engineering, STEM education, or agricultural sciences fields
- 1 year of demonstrated leadership and or professional experience working with high school or college students
- 1 year of customer service experience
- Personal or professional commitment to diversity as demonstrated by persistent effort, active planning, allocation of resources and/or accountability for diversity outcome
- Strong interpersonal communications skills
Preferred Job Qualifications
- Demonstrated ability to give presentations to audiences of various sizes, populations, and age groups
- Interest in the environment, natural resources, sustainability, and/or outdoor recreation
- Experience working with social media and digital advertising platforms
- Previous professional admissions or student development experience
- Previous event planning experience in a college or university setting
- Experience working with diverse populations
Reflecting departmental and institutional values, candidates are expected to have the ability to advance the Department’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Job Duty Category Undergraduate Student Recruitment Duty/Responsibility
- Implement recruitment strategy in coordination with academic departments with tactics related to specific needs of dept/majors
- Plan for and implement social media and digital advertising components
- Assist with development of student and alumni profiles to highlight in recruitment strategy
- Develop digital and print communications with CSU Creative Services
- Contribute to College Diversity and Inclusion recruitment initiatives
- Lead College engagement with CSU Office of Admissions and serve on the admissions advisory board
- Communicate with prospective students and their families, and arrange campus visits
- Provide outreach to prospective students and their families
- Organize student “call-a-thons” where current students called newly admitted students
- Supervise college council involvement in admissions events
- Participate in Admissions activities including: CSU explore days, discovery days, transfer days and Boetcher scholar days, and others as required.
Percentage Of Time 45 Job Duty Category Undergraduate Student Engagement Duty/Responsibility
- Interacting with, counseling, and advising prospective students visiting the Student Success Center
- Advise student clubs as appropriate. Mentor student org officers as appropriate.
- Fundraise and develop collaborations to support student org success.
- Coordinate student organizations use of student success center
- Serve on various recruitment and student development-related committees as required
- Liaise with College Academic Success Coordinators council
Percentage Of Time 20 Job Duty Category Supervision Duty/Responsibility
- Assign tasks to students working in student success center
- Assist with hiring and management of workers in student success center
Percentage Of Time 5 Job Duty Category Events Management Duty/Responsibility
- Plan and execute various college events, including; Commencement, Fall picnic, NR awards banquet, Ram Welcome and certain special events.
Percentage Of Time 15 Job Duty Category Stakeholder Engagement Duty/Responsibility
- Communicate with internal and external stakeholders including:
- WCNR Departments
- Warner Academic Success Coordinators council
- Natural Resource Agencies
- Colorado State Department of Recreation
- Youth serving non-profits
- And other stakeholders in support of various partnerships.
Percentage Of Time 5 Job Duty Category Program Administration Duty/Responsibility
- Billing and accounts payable
- Timesheets/administer student hourlies
- Service on job searches
- Other duties
Percentage Of Time 10
Special Instructions to Applicants
Application materials consist of the following:
- Cover Letter
- Three professional references
- Please provide one example of a recruitment strategy you have employed and electronic copies of any print or digital media related to that strategy (this can be uploaded to the section marked “other”)
References will not be contacted without prior notification of candidates.
Search Contact Rob.Novak@colostate.edu
Colorado State University is committed to providing an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based on race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy and will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Colorado State University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all Federal and Colorado State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. The Office of Equal Opportunity is located in 101 Student Services.
The Title IX Coordinator is the Executive Director of the Office of Support and Safety Assessment, 123 Student Services Building, Fort Collins, CO 80523 -2026, (970) 491-7407.
The Section 504 and ADA Coordinator is the Executive Director of Human Resources and Equal Opportunity, Office of Equal Opportunity, 101 Student Services Building, Fort Collins, CO 80523-0160, (970) 491-5836.