Customer Relationship Management System Administrator
Description of Work Unit
For more than 50 years, CSU Online, an enterprise unit formally named the Division of Continuing Education, has been delivering online and distance programs developed at the flagship research campus in Fort Collins, Colorado. Housed in the Office of Engagement, which reports directly to the university president, CSU Online provides affordable access to a high-quality education from wherever students call home around the nation and world, on a schedule that fits their lives. CSU’s online students receive the same education, learn from the same faculty, and earn the same regionally accredited degree as students on the Fort Collins campus. CSU Online offers more than 40 degrees, online and at a distance, as well as hundreds of credit and noncredit courses and dozens of certificate programs, digital badge programs, and Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs).
CSU Online is a center of innovation at the university, supporting not only the development of online and distance courses and programs but also the enhancement of campus instruction. It enjoys strong partnerships with the Office of the Provost, the Colleges, the Graduate School, the Division of Student Affairs, and key instructional groups within the university, including the Institute for Learning and Teaching and the University Distinguished Teaching Scholars. CSU Online is actively engaged in projects intended to improve teaching effectiveness and educational access and affordability across the university, including initiatives in areas such as open educational resources, open-access publishing, virtual and augmented reality, active and technology-enhanced teaching and learning, and learning analytics.
CSU Online has a staff of about 70 professionals. Key teams include Program Development and Management, Marketing and Communications, Student Success and Engagement, Finance, Learning Technologies, and Research and Analytics. CSU Online collaborates closely with the colleges, departments, and divisions across the university, with other universities in the CSU System, and with government, business, non-profit organizations as well as other educational institutions in the Rocky Mountain region. CSU Online is a vibrant and growing organization with significant potential for continued growth.
The Customer Relationship Management (CRM) System Administrator supports the CSU Online mission to assist prospective and current students in achieving their academic goals through improvement of the Salesforce CRM and marketing automation systems. A member of the Information Technology team, this position works collaboratively with the Student Success and Engagement team and the Marketing and Communications team to meet organizational goals.
Success in this position is focused on, but not limited to, supporting the organization’s use of Salesforce Sales Cloud, Marketing Cloud, Service Cloud, and related software systems. Key activities include partnering with designated leaders and unit liaisons to understand processes and needs, define solutions, and work in a hands-on technical role to achieve the desired solution. This position will also collaborate to identify opportunities for innovation and growth, and implement appropriate functionality and technical solutions, which may include software add-ons.
The position requires a thorough understanding of customer relationship management systems and their role in lead nurturing, sales, tracking, and evaluation. The selected candidate will be an effective problem solver with the ability to approach problems logically and systematically with a strong technical aptitude and passion for delivering sound business solutions.
Required Job Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in a technical discipline (Computer Science, Computer Information System, or related discipline)
- At least 3 years of experience in a technical role supporting a customer relationship management system (CRM) and/or marketing automation system
- At least 1 year of experience leading projects and/or managing technical teams
Preferred Job Qualifications
- Master’s degree from an accredited institution in a technical discipline
- Five years of experience in a technical role supporting a CRM, preferable Salesforce
- At least 3 years of experience leading projects and/or managing technical teams
- At least 1 year of experience with a marketing automation system
- At least 3 years of experience with a modern relational database management system (RDBMS)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to bridge functional and technical topics by communicating effectively with individuals of varying systems expertise
Reflecting departmental and institutional values, candidates are expected to have the ability to advance the Department’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Job Duty Category System Support Duty/Responsibility
- Serve as the primary liaison with the internal CRM user community, the Student Success and Engagement team, and the Marketing and Communications team, to ensure system processes are functioning as desired
- Prioritize, schedule, and resolve requests for system changes, enhancements, reports, workflows, and corrections
- Continually monitor data quality and integrity to ensure CRM reporting and underlying data accurately reflect current processes
- In coordination with the Marketing and Communications team, manage, maintain, and enhance CRM configuration to ensure student email communication processes are functioning as desired
- In coordination with the Manager of Recruitment and Enrollment, manage, maintain, and enhance CRM configuration to ensure compliance with state, federal, and university regulations relating to data privacy. Examples include but aren’t limited to FERPA and federal Do Not Call list rules.
- Create and manage CRM-based reports as an aid for student outreach, retention, and recruitment activities
Percentage Of Time 45 Job Duty Category Implementation Duty/Responsibility
- Work collaboratively with the Student Success and Engagement team and the Marketing and Communications team to identify opportunities for innovation and growth and implement appropriate functionality and technical solutions.
- Utilize CRM and IT best practices to ensure data and process integrity
- Use development and quality assurance environments for testing of changes
- Coordinate demos and partnerships with external vendors, manage ongoing software updates, and manage changes to CRM system
- Coordinate with Marketing and Communications team to evaluate, recommend, and implement change to successfully use the CRM to implement email marketing and student communications strategies
- Coordinate with the Student Success and Engagement team to assure system and data consistency and partner to research, analyze, develop, and adjust student success strategies
Percentage Of Time 40 Job Duty Category System Administration Duty/Responsibility
- Manage user profiles, security permissions, and access to Salesforce
- Assist with the documentation of CRM standard operating procedures and training standards
- Monitor and manage Salesforce integrations with website and on-premise SQL server
Percentage Of Time 10 Job Duty Category Professional Development Duty/Responsibility
- Actively seek out trainings and conferences relating to CRM and Higher Education to ensure awareness of best practices.
Percentage Of Time 5
Special Instructions to Applicants
Interested applicants must submit a cover letter which addresses how professional experiences align with identified, required and preferred qualifications of the position, a current resume, and the names, email address, and telephone numbers of three (3) professional references. References will not be contacted without prior notification of candidates.
Search Contact Steven Gaisford, Steven.Gaisford@colostate.edu
Colorado State University is committed to providing an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based on race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy and will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Colorado State University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all Federal and Colorado State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. The Office of Equal Opportunity is located in 101 Student Services.
The Title IX Coordinator is the Executive Director of the Office of Support and Safety Assessment, 123 Student Services Building, Fort Collins, CO 80523 -2026, (970) 491-7407.
The Section 504 and ADA Coordinator is the Executive Director of Human Resources and Equal Opportunity, Office of Equal Opportunity, 101 Student Services Building, Fort Collins, CO 80523-0160, (970) 491-5836.