- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
Part of UNSW’s Finance and Operations Division, UNSW IT is now entering its next phase of evolution with another paradigm shift to position itself as a strategic partner within the University.
About the role
- $130K-$135K plus 17% superannuation and annual leave loading
The Program Manager will manage projects according to UNSW’s project management and architectural frameworks, delivering high-quality IT services that optimise operating costs over the life of the infrastructure. They will be responsible for delivering new IT infrastructure that is designed and built according to UNSW engineering standards as well as co-ordinating the relocation of IT services due to major capital works and large-scale refurbishments. The incumbent will also be expected to use their extensive industry experience and technical knowledge to contribute to communications infrastructure design and to ensure cost- effective delivery of high-quality IT infrastructure to time and to budget.
The Program Manager will work in consultation with customers to specify and manage infrastructure projects involving network and telephony deployments alongside other IT services such as desktop, print and AV. Successful project delivery with regards to time, budget and quality will require co-ordination with Estate Management, external vendors and internal resources across multiple teams within UNSW IT. The Program Manager will maintain collaboration with the PPMO to ensure transparency of services to the customer.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications and/or significant experience in similar roles, with substantial proven experience in programs and/or Project Management of which 3 years has been in a management role.
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills, and the ability to adapt in a diverse environment and range of stakeholders. Exceptional time management/organisational skills and ability to establish strong working relationships.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills including demonstrated high level ability to influence and build productive relationships with industry providers and senior stakeholders.
- High level organisational skills with a demonstrated ability to manage the competing demands of multiple, simultaneous projects.
- Sound financial literacy skills, including the ability to forecast and manage CAPEX budgets.
- Strong understanding of business requirements and technical limitations as determined by the organisation’s enterprise architecture.
- Superior leadership skills, with experience managing direct and indirect stakeholders. Mentoring team members to deliver high quality outcomes.
- Advanced industry certifications including Prince2 and/or PMBOK or equivalent, is desirable.
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Ian Black, Manager Network & Communications
Applications close: Sunday 29 April 2018