Senior Project Officer
1 day left
- Full Time
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The School of Biological, Earth and Environmental Sciences (BEES) examines the natural environment, including life, from the core of the Earth to its upper atmosphere, deep in time through to the present and modelling towards the future.
About the role
- 91,755 - 99,306 plus (9.5% Superannuation and annual leave loading)
- 6 months Fixed Term
The Senior Project Officer provides high level, effective and efficient project management and operational support to the School of BEES. A key focus of this role will be to independently lead the creation and implementation of School based procedures and embrace and champion change within the School whilst we deliver on our 2025 strategy.
About the role
The Senior Project Officer will:
- Lead the delivery of major School based projects, initiatives and other ad hoc programs on behalf of the School Manager to achieve operational and strategic goals whilst overseeing the project lifecycle
- Design, develop and manage School projects within defined project delivery lifecycle to prioritise and deliver strategic projects
- Analyse and report on the effectiveness of projects through development and delivery of progress reports and evaluations ensuring that projects are achieved on time, on budget, to quality standards and within agreed scope
- Actively identify, design and implement relevant projects and business improvement activities to streamline processes and facilitate efficiency in relation to procedures and systems
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will:
- Relevant degree with extensive subsequent relevant experience or equivalent competence gained through another combination of education, training and experience
- Demonstrated extensive project management experience delivering projects within agreed timeframes and budget
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills including ability to communicate with and influence diverse internal and external stakeholders
- Exceptional time management and organisational skills including the ability to establish priorities, work well under pressure and manage multiple tasks with competing deadlines, delegating as required (if relevant)
- High level of initiative, strong analytical and problem-solving skills and proven experience in designing and implementing business improvement activities
- Proven ability to apply knowledge and experience to analyse and resolve complex and sensitive issues efficiently and effectively
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application (please disable "Pop-up Blockers" to view Position Description Document).
Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Nevine Iskander - School Manager, BEES
(612) 9385 2126
Applications close: 22 April 2018