12 Month Fixed Term Maternity Cover Position
About Arden University
Arden University is an independent higher education provider offering a range of degrees and master programmes by online distance learning and blended learning at study centres.
We started as a family-owned business in 1990 and maintain the same high standards, professional and caring approach. In 2016 our ownership transferred to Global University Systems, an international network of higher-education institutions, brought together by a shared passion for accessible, industry-relevant qualifications.
In 2014, we were awarded Taught Degree-Awarding Powers and began to develop our own programmes to meet growing UK and international demand for our affordable and flexible learning model. In 2015 we were granted permission to use University Title and the company was renamed Arden University.
Approximately 6,500 students in about 150 countries are studying through Arden University and over 90% of them combine work and study.
About the job
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Registry Co-ordinator to join Arden University’s Academic Affairs Department. Academic Affairs has responsibility for student registrations, submission and examining of all assessments, arranging examinations, external data reporting, supporting student feedback and academic committees and oversight of all quality assurance processes. It comprises three main teams – Quality, Registry and Student Data. The Registry team has overall responsibility for the managing of all assessment and registration processes for students, student records and for managing student graduations and certification.
The duties may vary within the scope outlined below but it is anticipated that the main focus of this role will be to coordinate marking and manage Arden’s bespoke Student Record System.
Duties and responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities of the Registry Co-ordinator may include:
- To coordinate and organise all aspects of the student assessment cycle (including planning, distribution, marking, moderation and presentation to appropriate boards).
- Coordination and arrangement of examinations, attendance and management of invigilation process at local venues
- Accurate maintenance of student records including clear and concise notes added where necessary
- Attendance at appropriate exam boards
- Working collaboratively with tutors, with the Quality team, Student Support and with Uni-versity partners on both academic-related and operational matters
- Implementing processes and procedures set out in the Regulatory Framework or by the rele-vant awarding body
- Developing awareness of internal and external requirements regarding data integrity and data protection
- Making/receiving telephone calls and sending/responding to emails in a professional and timely manner
It is essential that candidates are able to demonstrate:
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Ability to prioritise tasks effectively and work to deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively and articulately, both verbally and in writing, to a wide variety of stakeholders (e.g. students, senior academics).
- Excellent IT literacy, e.g. solid grasp of common software packages including Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook.
- A good level of numeracy and the ability to understand data and create/manipulate spread-sheets.
- Good basic analytical and problem-solving skills.
To apply or to receive further information about this exciting role, email email@example.com.
Apply for Registry Co-ordinator
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly