Instructor at the Centre for Language Education
Southern University of Science and Technology, China (SUSTech)
Center for Language Education Faculty Positions – English Language
The SUSTech Center for Language Education invites applications for instructors to facilitate language training for a diverse range of SUSTech students (undergraduate and postgraduate), in addition to training for faculty members and staff. The primary language of instruction at the university is English. Southern University of Science and Technology (SUSTech) is a young public university located in Shenzhen, China, near Hong Kong.
Currently, the Center for Language Education (CLE) offers courses in English and Mandarin as a Foreign Language, as well a range of elective courses. The Center is rapidly expanding and will soon offer courses in French, Spanish, German and Cantonese as a Foreign Language.
- Teaching academic listening, speaking, reading, and writing at various levels;
- Developing/participating in placement and exit testing;
- Providing training for graduate students and faculty members in using English as an instructional language;
- Providing training for the administrative staff to develop English competency;
- Curriculum, assessment and materials development;
- Participating in department meetings or program support activities as needed.
- Candidates must have an earned masters or doctorate degree in TESOL, TEFL, Linguistics, Applied Linguistics or related field. A doctorate degree is essential for those who wish to be considered for teaching on the postgraduate program;
- Minimum 3 years’ experience teaching English at the college/university level;
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: EAP, curriculum development, ESP for STEM, assessment, teacher training, academic writing, educational technology;
- Experience living/teaching abroad highly desirable;
- For applicants with a doctorate degree, evidence of research publication in the field of English language education.
Conditions of Employment
Employees in this job title are subject to the terms and conditions of an employment contract. Employment contracts are typically subject to review and renewal on an annual basis. SUSTech provides international competitive compensation which includes salary, medical insurance, subsidized housing and other benefits.
CV, cover letter, contact details of 3 referees, scanned copies of academic qualifications and any other supporting materials to email@example.com. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the positions are filled.
Apply for Instructor at the Centre for Language Education
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly