Research Officer in Biology
Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences
Harry Perkins Institute of Medical Research
- Full time, 12 month fixed-term appointment
- Level 5/6
- Salary range: $68,214-$82,729 plus superannuation
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked within the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research-intensive universities. With an enviable research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to ‘innovate and inspire’ there is no better time to join Western Australia’s top University.
About the area: This position is part of the UWA Centre for Medical Research within the Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences based at Harry Perkins Institute of Medical Research (Perkins) in Nedlands. The Centre has significant links across the Western Australia health sector and provides teaching to undergraduate and postgraduate students across the medical disciplines. A core priority is medical and clinical research and a number of substantial research groups are based in the Centre’s laboratories.
About the opportunity: Reporting to Principal Research Fellow you will, under limited direction, undertake grant-funded research in the Laboratory for Vascular Biology and Stromal Targeting, with a focus on developing new combination (immune) therapies in preclinical tumour models.
To be considered for this role, you will be able to demonstrate:
- Degree in Biology or related discipline
- Considerable relevant research experience at an appropriate level
- Demonstrated experience in working with mouse models, preferentially cancer models
- Demonstrated skills in tissue analysis (tissue sectioning, immunohistochemistry, fluorescent microscopy etc.)
- High level competency in molecular biology techniques including protein expression, immunoblotting and quantitative PCR
- Ability to work independently, show initiative and work productively as part of a team
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills
The position description outlines full details of the position’s responsibilities and its selection criteria. Applicants should clearly set out how they meet the selection criteria.
Closing date: Monday, 23 April 2018
This position is only open to applicants with relevant rights to work in Australia.
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
UWA has been awarded Top Ten Employer for LGBTI – inclusion the Australian Workplace Equity Index (AWEI -2016).
- The University is also a proud member of the Athena SWAN/SAGE Pilot for Gender Equity.