Executive Assistant to the Dean
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The Operations unit in UNSW Arts & Social Sciences is a centralised team providing services to the Faculty in areas of School management, projects, administrative support, teaching support and Work Integrated Learning. The team coordinates a range of functions in order to produce streamlined and effective operations across the Faculty.
About the role
- $83K – $89K per annum plus 17% superannuation and annual leave loading
- Full-time (35 hours per week)
The Executive Assistant will provide effective and efficient executive-level administrative support and office management services to the Dean of UNSW Arts & Social Sciences.
This role is responsible for facilitating effective communication between the Dean and internal and external stakeholders and for maintaining professionalism and confidentiality at all times.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Experience providing support to a Senior Academic and/or relevant EA experience in a University setting, this would be highly regarded
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills including ability to communicate with and influence diverse internal and external stakeholders
- Strong time management, office management and organisational skills, ability to work well under pressure and manage multiple tasks with competing deadlines
- Demonstrated initiative, sound analytical and problem-solving skills and proven experience in business improvement activities
- Strong computer skills in particular Office 365, Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint, the use of internet, relevant data bases and web maintenance software
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Dr Betty Pun, Executive Officer, Dean’s Unit
T: (61 2) 9385 8468
Applications close: Sunday 22nd April 2018