Strategic Partnership Manager, Life Sciences
2 days left
- Full Time
- Manage strategic relationships with high-profile domestic and international partners
- Drive the commercialisation of cutting-edge health research in a global marketplace
- Senior leadership role critical to the success of UNSW’s 2025 strategic plan
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work. We aspire to be Australia’s global university, improving and transforming lives through excellence in research, outstanding education and a commitment to advancing a just society.
The Division of Enterprise supports all aspects of the University's enterprise and innovation agenda, as part of the University’s 2025 Strategy. The Strategic Partnerships team will identify and grow broad partnerships with research organisations, industry and government to contribute to the transformation of Australia’s economic base, and significantly increase the number of new companies formed as UNSW spinouts or staff or student oriented businesses.
Reporting to the Director, Strategic Partnerships, and in collaboration with other key stakeholders, you will manage relationships with high profile and strategic domestic and international corporate partners and small business clusters in the life sciences, as a source of funding, provision of commercial services or strategic investment. UNSW has internationally recognised technologies, facilities and research in medical devices, diagnostics, mental health, infectious diseases, cardiovascular health, digital health and other areas.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Identifying, initiating, building and strengthening key strategic partnership relationships
- Matching the requirements and priorities of partners with commercial, value-adding opportunities for the university to achieve 2025 objectives
- Initiating introductions of university executives and staff to key decision makers within strategic partners and leading the successful closure of opportunities
- Leading the development of and achievement of key performance metrics for strategic partnerships
About the Successful Applicant
You can demonstrate your extensive business development and commercialisation success, ideally in the life sciences or relevant, including:
- A significant personal business network at senior levels in Australia and overseas,
- Strong stakeholder and relationship management skills
- Extensive experience in business development and revenue growth through corporate and SME relationships
- Experience in technology commercialisation and working with early stage business ventures
- Tertiary qualifications and or knowledge gained through relevant experience
To Apply: Please submit your CV, cover letter and responses to the selection criteria listed in the Position Description. Please note all documentation must be in pdf format.
Talent Acquisition Consultant
T: 02 9385 2401
Applications close: 11 pm Sunday 22nd April 2018