PhD Scholarship, Faculty of Business and Law, Management and Marketing
- SUPRA Scholarship
- 3 years, Hawthorn campus
About the scholarship
This opportunity is for a PhD scholarship within the Department of Management & Marketing. The successful candidate will work under the supervision of experienced researchers within the department to complete an applied research project that has been partially funded by an external corporate partner.
The project will seek to understand and prevent customer churn throughout consumer life-stage changes. Customer churn remains a major challenge for many organisations today, as the cost to acquire a new customer far exceeds the cost of retention. This challenge is further enhanced in settings where the need or derived benefit for products or services evolves through a customer’s life stages. Against this backdrop, the proposed research will investigate dynamic customer behavior across consumer life stages.
The primary objectives will be to:
- Investigate dynamic membership behavior across consumer life stages, to develop a predictive model of membership churn
- Test the effectiveness of innovative marketing activities (e.g. new types of membership offers) on reducing churn
This project will form the basis of a 3-year PhD thesis for the successful applicant. The project has been supported by Zoos Victoria, with an aim to support their mission to become a world leading conservation organization. The successful applicant will work closely with their supervisory team, as well as directly with Zoos Victoria on a regular basis.
Skills and experience
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate the following:
- A Bachelor degree honours and/or a Research Master’s degree and/or industry experience with H1 or 2A equivalence in a discipline relevant to marketing.
- Demonstrated strong social and adaptive communication skills to interact with a range of people from community, industry and the university sector
- Excellent project management and data analysis skills and attention to detail)
A full list of the selection criteria is available within the position description
Further information, contacts and support
To start an application click on 'begin' at the bottom of this page and submit a resume, cover letter and response to the Key Selection Criteria, as listed in the Position Description below.
Please do not email or send paper applications, all applications must be submitted online.
For further information about the position, please contact either:
- Heath McDonald on +61 3 9214 5885 or email@example.com.
- Jason Pallant on +61 3 9214 8208 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please contact the Recruitment team on +61 3 9214 8600 (option 2).
Should you require further support for an interview due to special needs or consideration, please contact our Diversity Consultant, Dr. Walter Robles, on email@example.com, or our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Employment Officer, Sherrin Trautmann on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close at 5 pm Monday 23rd April 2018