Client Services Intern
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
UNSW Library is one of Australia’s major research libraries, with extensive scholarly information resources. It serves a large population of academic staff and students on two campuses and affiliated research institutes.
About the role
- $65,506 plus 9.5% Superannuation and annual leave loading
- Fixed Term for 12 months
The purpose of this position is to provide high quality, effective and consistent information and referral services to UNSW Library’s clients. The position is an excellent opportunity to be part of a dynamic client service team, working in an exciting new client service environment. This is one of five 12-month fixed term intern positions offered each year to university and TAFE library and Information Management graduates in the last year of their study, or in their first year after graduation.
As an intern in the Information Services Department you will be part of the Client Services team, providing both online and front-of-house Help Zone services, working to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction, and providing client services in support of the Library’s strategic initiatives and the University’s strategic intent.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will be:
- client focused, with excellent communication skills.
- eager to learn and ready to immerse yourself in this wonderful opportunity to build your library experience in one of Australia's leading University Libraries.
- in your final year of study, or first year of graduation from, a Library or Information Management qualification from a university or TAFE.qualifications.
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Shaun O'Dwyer, Asscoaite Director, Client Services
T: (61 2) 9385 3766
Applications close: April 27th 2018