Associate Lecturer in Accounting
- Early career Teaching and Research opportunity in Accounting
- Full-time, continuing position
- This position is located at our MacKillop Campus in North Sydney
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community that welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 2,500 staff supporting more than 34,000 students across eight campuses – Adelaide, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney, Strathfield and Rome.
As valued members of our community, all staff members are expected to have an understanding of ACU's mission and values and to demonstrate an active contribution to them.
The Faculty is staffed by a dedicated, nationally and internationally recognised team of academics whose teaching is supported by their active involvement in relevant industries, professional associations or links to eminent international business and law schools. Teaching staff have an established research record with a commitment to conducting research in innovative and demand-driven areas. We emphasise the ethical, social and environmental duties of the modern business leader and lawyer, with all our courses having a strong practical component through community engagement, pro bono work and internships.
The Associate Lecturer will actively contribute to the Accounting program in the Peter Faber Business School at an early career or entry level. Accounting is taught at both the undergraduate and postgraduate level in the Bachelor of Accounting and Finance, Bachelor of Commerce and Masters of Professional Accounting as well as across a range of double degrees with other faculties.
More specifically the Associate Lecturer will:
- teach undergraduate and/or postgraduate units as appropriate (online, face to face and in mixed mode delivery)
- provide support and assistance to senior staff in the development of accounting units
- contribute to the research intensification strategy of the University through publications in high quality research outlets
- maintain engagement with external stakeholders relevant to the program including CPA Australia.
You will need to demonstrate:
- a research higher degree in Accounting or substantial progress towards this (PhD preferred but not essential)
- current membership of CPA Australia or equivalent professional association
- demonstrated track record in contributing to the creation and/or enhancement of effective learning environments
- evidence of ability to show commitment with integrity to the Catholic Identity, Mission and ethos of the University.
The University pursues an excellence agenda and offers an environment where staff are welcomed and safe, and valued through development, participation and involvement.
How to Apply:
Obtain the Position Description PD Associate Lecturer.pdf. Applicants are expected to address all selection criteria listed in the position description. To apply for this role click the "Apply" link below. Visit Hints and Tips on how to apply.
Total remuneration valued to $77,031 - $104,538 pa, including salary component $65,092 - $88,336 pa (Academic Level A), employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
General enquiries can be directed to Heather Summers, School Team Leader, Peter Faber School of Business on (07) 3623 7851.
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
Equal Opportunity and Privacy of personal information is University policy. For more details visit: www.acu.edu.au/careers
ACU is committed to diversity and social inclusion in its employment practices. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse groups are encouraged.
Applications Close: Monday, 7 May 2018