Executive Assistant to the Executive Vice President for Technology Development & Innovation/Vice-CEO
Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology
Executive Assistant to the Executive Vice President for Technology Development and Innovation/Vice-CEO
The Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University (OIST; see www.oist.jp) is a dynamic new graduate university of science and technology in Okinawa Prefecture, Japan. The university is located on 85 hectares of protected forestland overlooking beautiful shoreline and coral reefs. The campus is striking architecturally, and the facilities are outstanding (OIST campus video tour). There are no academic departments, which facilitates multidisciplinary research. Outstanding resources and equipment are provided and managed to encourage easy access and collaboration. English is the official language of the University, and the university research community is fully international, with more than 50 countries represented. OIST is rapidly gaining recognition in the worldwide academic community as a model for excellence in education and research.
The Technology Development and Innovation Center (TDIC) fosters innovation at OIST and in the surrounding community to accelerate economic growth. TDIC is the technology development and commercialization hub at OIST and it leverages the university's researchers, world-class infrastructure, interdisciplinary environment, and culture of risk-taking to transform technologies from the laboratory into innovations that have social and economic benefit.
The Executive Assistant to the Executive Vice President/Vice-CEO (EVP/Vice-CEO) plays a key role in supporting the Office of the EVP/Vice-CEO and assembling materials for the submission of the TDIC business plan, performance report, and budget reporting
1919-1 Tancha, Onna-son, Okinawa, Japan 904-0495
1. Manage schedule, activities, and contacts of the EVP/Vice-CEO, including travel arrangements and settlements
2. Assemble materials for the submission of the TDIC business plan, performance report, and budget reporting
3. Prepare and manage materials and minutes for senior-level meetings
4. Prepare reports and correspondence for EVP/Vice-CEO in English and Japanese
5. Provide administrative support for visitors, symposia, seminars and other activities of TDIC.
1. Excellent interpersonal communication skills
2. Ability to judge priorities and to work effectively in a fast-paced working environment
3. Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
4. Excellent communication and writing skills in English and Japanese
5. Computer skills with MS Office (Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Outlook) including calendar management, contact management, and other office software and databases
6. Facility with on-line searches, literature reference research, and fact checking
7. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
Executive Vice President for Technology Development and Innovation/Vice-CEO
As early as possible
Term & Working hours:
Term: Full-time, fixed term appointment for 2 years. Contract initially with 3-month probationary period (inclusive). This contract may be renewed.
Working hours: Flextime (core time 10:00-15:00) 7.5hrs per day (multiplied by prescribed working days per month), including occasional evenings and weekends. The job may require occasional travel.
Compensation & Benefits:
Compensation in accordance with the OIST Employee Compensation Regulations
Annual salary: 3.9 ~ 7.2 million yen (Job class: Administrative staff III, A3) or 4.6 ~ 8.6 million yen (Job class: Specialist I, A4)
- Relocation, housing and commuting allowances
- Annual paid leave and summer holidays
- Health insurance (Private School Mutual Aid http://www.shigakukyosai.jp/ )
- Welfare pension insurance (kousei-nenkin)
- Worker’s accident compensation insurance (roudousha-saigai-hoshou-hoken)
How to Apply:
Apply by emailing your Submission Documents to:
or send by post to the following address:
HR Recruiting Support Section
Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University
1919-1, Onna, Onna-son, Okinawa 904-0495, Japan
- Cover letter in both English and Japanese
- Curriculum vitae in both English and Japanese
- Names and contact information of 3~5 referees, one of which should be a previous employer
* Please be sure to indicate where you first saw the job advertisement.
Application Due Date:
April 30, 2018 (Applications will be screened upon arrival)
* OIST Graduate University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action educator and employer and is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, students and staff. The University strongly encourages women and minority candidates to apply.
* Information provided by applicants or references will be kept confidential, documents will not be returned. All applicants will be notified regarding the status of their applications.
* Please view our policy for rules on external professional activities
* Further details about the University can be viewed on our website (www.oist.jp).