Lecturer/Assistant Lecturer in Design Innovation
Maynooth University is committed to a strategy in which the primary University goals of excellent research and scholarship and outstanding education are interlinked and equally valued.
We are seeking an excellent academic to join our staff as a Lecturer in Design Innovation (with particular emphasis on design thinking and innovation management). The person appointed will have a PhD in the area and a proven record of teaching, research and publication, appropriate to career stage. They will be expected to make a strong contribution to the teaching programme of the Department and undertake teaching duties on the Department’s undergraduate and postgraduate programmes as well as the supervision of Masters and PhD students. The jobholder will also be expected to contribute to student-led innovation initiatives like Enactus as well as to university and industry led competitions such as our student enterprise award.
The successful candidate should demonstrate:
- The potential to contribute to PhD supervision.
- A track record of publishing in high-quality scholarly journals relevant to Design Innovation.
- Credentials that command respect in the academic and, ideally, the corporate arena too.
- The capacity to work in teams; on committees alongside colleagues and students on initiatives directed at citizenship.
- A commitment to lecturing and innovative pedagogy in undergraduate, postgraduate and executive education settings.
- A thorough understanding of the digital economy and the importance of Design Innovation (e.g. CX) as a differentiator for organisation.
The appointee will be expected to build a strong research profile that supports the University’s research strategy, including affiliating to the Research Institutes, where appropriate, and working with colleagues on national and international research. The appointee will be expected to sustain and conduct research, engage in scholarship of quality and substance and generate publications of international standard.