Research Assistant Professor in Marine Ecology
Environmental Science Center
Qatar University Profile:
Qatar University is the premier national institution of higher education with a mission to produce well-rounded graduates with academic knowledge of quality and excellence coupled with a keen spirit of volunteerism and civic responsibility. This is underpinned by committed leadership and an experienced and motivated faculty and staff body.
It has been proven that excellence in teaching and effective research are inextricably interrelated in today’s academic world, and that innovation in programs and classrooms is constantly enriched by those faculty members actively engaging in research. Like in most modern Universities around the world, one of Qatar University's strategic aims is to develop and enhance research that meets its standards of excellence. Our Office is responsible for providing administrative, secretarial, and executive support for all elements of the University's research activities. The Office also manages the University's internal research funding schemes, and all aspects (other than financial) of external grants and research agreements.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Conduct research in the required field of specialization individually and in collaboration with other faculty members in his team or other teams or colleagues of the University
- Contribute to field work and survey trips and onboard research vessels
- Help in joint supervision of undergraduate or postgraduate student projects or theses
- Contribute to services provided by his team, if required
- Teach courses in the required field of specialization, if needed
- Train students or other employees
- Publish research papers in referred academic journals and contribute to conferences and meetings
- Ensure own research line funding by actively submitting research grant proposals
- Collating detailed information and writing reports.
- Maintain confidentiality of information all time
- Perform other tasks and duties that may be occasionally required in order to meet the requirements of the role and the aims of the University.
- Ph.D. in the required field of specialization
- Excellent record of publications in referred journals
- Proven ability to secure own research funding
- Excellent communication skills
- Current Curriculum Vitae.
- Cover letter.
- Teaching, research, and service philosophy.
- Three referees’ contact information (physical and email addresses as well their telephones contact).
- Copy of highest earned credential (transcript of highest degree if graduated from an institution where course work was completed. However, if no course work was completed, an copy of certificate letter from the registrar of your highest credential granting institution regarding your highest academic degree).
- Any additional documentation that you feel is relevant to your application.
- Arabic (valued)
- A three-year renewable contract.
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Tax-free salary.
- Furnished accommodation in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Annual round trip air tickets for faculty member and dependents in accordance with QUHR policies.
- Educational allowance for candidate's children (eligible candidates only) in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Private health care and health insurance in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Annual leave in accordance with QU HR policies.
- End-of-contract indemnity.
How To Apply
- Returning Applicant: Please login in QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) to update/edit your saved profile. Use this profile to apply for this position.
- New Applicant: You need to setup an account with QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) and complete your personal profile. Once your profile is complete you may use it to apply for an open Position.