Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Education
Great opportunities to teach Education undergraduate and postgraduate programs, conduct research and engage with ‘communities in the tropics’.
Key Selling Points
- Be at the forefront of education in the tropics
- Contribute to the education of the teachers of the future
- Two positions available
We offer two exciting opportunities to join our world-leading institution at James Cook University:
- 1 x Lecturer / Senior Lecturer, Education
- 1 x Lecturer / Senior Lecturer, Guidance & Counselling, Career Development, & Education
Continuing appointments, these position are based in Townsville and Cairns both located in picturesque tropical north Queensland, where you can enjoy a tropical lifestyle whilst still achieving your career goals.
Lecturer / Senior Lecturer in Education
With a PhD in Education, you will have previous teaching experience and be eligible for registration with the Queensland College of Teachers. Contributing to undergraduate, postgraduate and HDR programs you will have a particular focus on the areas of Educational Psychology, Inclusive Education and Generalist Studies in Education. You will also support community engagement and work collaboratively with schools, community agencies and professional bodies.
Lecturer / Senior Lecturer, Guidance & Counselling, Career Development, & Education
Responsible for teaching, conducting research and supervising Higher Degree Research students in Guidance and Counselling, Career Development and Inclusive Education you will have appropriate PhD/qualifications and be eligible for registration with the Queensland College of Teachers. Supporting community engagement and working collaboratively with schools and relevant organisations in the Tropics, you will demonstrate successful teaching experience and engagement in school settings, successful guidance and counselling and career development experience.
About the College of Arts, Society and Education
As part of the Division of Tropical Environments and Societies, the College of Arts, Society and Education promotes, fosters, supports and administers quality teaching and research at JCU in the areas of Arts, Social Sciences, Creative Arts, Education and Social Work.
Consistently ranked in the top 2% of universities worldwide, JCU is one of the world’s leading institutions focussing on the tropics and offers a culturally diverse working environment with opportunities for professional and personal growth. JCU prides itself on being dedicated to teaching, learning and research that is not only of high quality, but also delivers practical benefits to the peoples and industries of the region.
We also offer:
- Generous superannuation scheme with 17% employer contributions
- Five weeks annual recreation leave
- Flexible working arrangements
- Attractive options for salary packaging.
- Well-equipped, modern facilities
- Fully accredited courses
- Enthusiastic, committed and talented staff
- Level of appointment and commencing salary will be in accordance with qualifications and experience.
- Balance of work and life so you can enjoy a relaxed lifestyle that supports a diverse range of leisure and sporting interests.
How to Apply
Click on the ‘apply now’ button to be taken to JCU’s career page where you can find out more information and download a PD and application instructions
Position Reference Numbers:
- 16349 - Lecturer / Senior Lecturer, Education
- 16350 - Lecturer / Senior Lecturer, Guidance & Counselling, Career Development, & Education
Applications close 22 April 2018