Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Mechanical Engineering
2 days left
- Full Time
FACULTY OF SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY AND ENVIRONMENT
School of Engineering and Physics
Build a legacy with us!
The USP is one of two regional universities in the world and is the leading tertiary education provider and research facility in the South Pacific. We are supported by 12 Pacific Island Countries; Cook Islands, Fiji, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Nauru, Niue, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tokelau, Tonga, Tuvalu and Vanuatu.
The School of Engineering and Physics in the Faculty of Science, Technology and Environment offers accredited Bachelor of Engineering programmes in Electrical & Electronics Engineering and in Mechanical Engineering. Applications are invited for the position of Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Mechanical Engineering.
The School is seeking a suitably qualified candidate who will contribute to the teaching of the following courses: Solid Mechanics, Dynamics, Machine Design and Vibrations. The successful incumbent will:
- Prepare teaching material and deliver courses in at least three of the above areas;
- Assess student design projects;
- Prepare documents associated with academic reviews of undergraduate curricula;
- Develop laboratory exercises that strengthen the students' theoretical knowledge;
- Mentor undergraduate students from diverse educational backgrounds;
- Commit to cultural diversity.
The Person We Seek
To be considered for this position, applicants must have:
- A PhD in Mechanical Engineering preferably in one of the areas of ;
- Relevant tertiary teaching experience;
- The willingness and ability to teach at least three of the following courses: Solid Mechanics, Dynamics, Machine Design and Vibrations;
- A strong record of internationally recognised research and publications.
- For appointment at the Senior Lecturer level, applicants must also have: A strong record of published research in top-tier journals in at least three of the above areas with either a formal tertiary teaching qualification or significant tertiary teaching experience;
Preference will be given to applicants with:
- Experience in innovation and entrepreneurship informed teaching and demonstrated excellence in teaching in a multicultural environment;
- Significant experience in the area of Design Engineering will be a distinct advantage.
The position is available for a term of 5years and may be renewed by mutual agreement
Lecturer F$66,990 to F$88,144 per annum
Senior Lecturer F$ 90,882 to F$ 104,865 per annum
The University may pay an inducement allowance to secure the services of an exceptionally well-qualified candidate.
In addition to the above benefits, the University contributes 10% of basic salary to an approved superannuation scheme, provides airfare and relocation costs where appropriate.
Enquiries: Professor Maurizio Cirrincione, tel.: (679) 32 32419 or email: email@example.com
Closing date for applications:22 April 2018
How to Apply
Candidates may use the University’s online E-Recruitment system to view full details and apply for this position at https://www.usprecruits.usp.ac.fj Manual and emailed applications are no longer accepted. Candidates may request further information from the Human Resources Office; tel.: (679) 32 32072; email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Please also include the following documents in your application: Cover letter and Resume clearly addressing key Selection Criteria, academic transcript and names of three referees, one of which must be your current or most recent direct work supervisor.