Associate Lecturer in Nursing
Faculty of Health and Medicine
School of Nursing and Midwifery
Be part of a university on the move. Building on strong foundations, we are ranked well within the top 250 universities worldwide in the QS and Times Higher Education ranking systems. The strength of UON’s foundations allow us to focus firmly on the future. UON invites you to consider joining our university - where curious and courageous minds collaborate to write the future for our university and the world. Your contribution to making us a world-class institution is recognised and rewarded in many different ways. Competitive salaries, formal awards programs, development opportunities and promotions are just the start.
About the role
The School of Nursing and Midwifery, promotes excellence in teaching and learning through appropriate curriculum development and delivery, while conducting research that advances the School’s research agenda.
The Associate Lecturer in Nursing will provide guidance and innovative teaching and ongoing curriculum development; foster a collaborative approach to the growing research profile and to contribute to the service and community engagement activities of the School.
This position will be located at either the Callaghan or Ourimbah Campuses, with an expectation to work across the Callaghan, Ourimbah and Port Macquarie campuses as well as online
To be successful in this role, you will possess:
- Master degree or higher qualification in nursing, midwifery, nursing education or a related discipline and evidence of current enrolment and satisfactory progress in a PhD in nursing or related discipline.
- Current registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia.
- Evidence of experience, excellence and innovation in undergraduate and/or postgraduate teaching and course development- including course co-ordination.
- Proven evidence of having a highly developed interpersonal skills including the ability to participate in a team environment demonstrating clear communication and mutual respect.
- Demonstrated evidence of nursing and/or midwifery research including evidence of publications
Please note: In accordance with the University’s Staff Selection Guidelines, your application will be assessed on the selection criteria found at the link below. It is essential that you address each of the criteria to enable the selection committee to properly assess your application and suitability for interview.
Academic Level A from - $66,748 plus contributory superannuation with Unisuper, attracting a generous employer contribution of 17%.
Closing Date: Wednesday 25th April 2018